Hello and deperate Question about a rare PRS Wood Library Model (true or false Guitar...)

Reynewan

Hello Guys,

I am from Europe and new to this Forum. I like to say first "Hi" to all PRS Friends here.
I am a huge PRS Fan and own already 2 of them and love literally everything about them.
Hopefully I posted it here correctly..
Right now I found a rare PRS Guitar in a Japanese Store and I would like to purchase it and get it shipped to Europe.

Its an black 2014 Wood Library PRS KID limited standard 24. Despite my intense research I couldnt find
any validate Information about this model..I am not even sure,whether this Model was truly US-made or generally ever made.. The Communication with the Merchant ist quite difficult due the Japanese language. The purchase of this Guitar from Japan seems not unrisky. Therefore I would be very thankfull for any Information from you PRS-Friends regarding this listed Model above. Sorry for my imperfect English.

Thanks in advance and Greetings to all PRS-Lovers in that Forum.

Reynewan

Hi,
thanks for the your fast reply. Thats exactly the Guitar Iam on.

Couldn´t Place this Link cause I´m new here. Thank you Guys. Meanwhile I found some more usefull Information. Couldnt get through on the Phone to the official US-PRS Site, but Ive talked to a very kind Guy from the official, european PRS-Site. He was very knowledgeable and has checked the Serial Number as well. The Guitar is definitely not a fake. Garret is definitely right. Its discontinued and after that pretty much sold out here in Europe. Although its "only a standard PRS-Guitar";), it is still an true US-made Core-Line Model :) And like Garret stated: The Wood Library Programm Guitar seems a bit special about the wood quality in the PRs Guitar(?). I also have no idea. what kind of Pick ups are in that one..The english PRS-Guy told me also, that Wood Library PRS Guitars are always a kind of little a surprise in terms what kind of Pick up´s they get inside.

At least I know now, that its not an imitation. Still hard to decide..The Guitar price would be normally fair. But here in Europe importing an Guitar from Japan, there will be additionall duty sosts about 4% and 19% tax Charge on the whole Guitar Price including shipping costs.:( On the other hand this Guitar seems pretty rare and Ive became a bit obsessed about her...:D

Couldn´t Place this Link cause I´m new here. Thank you Guys. Meanwhile I found some more usefull Information. Couldnt get through on the Phone to the official US-PRS Site, but Ive talked to a very kind Guy from the official, european PRS-Site. He was very knowledgeable and has checked the Serial Number as well. The Guitar is definitely not a fake. Garret is definitely right. Its discontinued and after that pretty much sold out here in Europe. Although its "only a standard PRS-Guitar";), it is still an true US-made Core-Line Model :) And like Garret stated: The Wood Library Programm Guitar seems a bit special about the wood quality in the PRs Guitar(?). I also have no idea. what kind of Pick ups are in that one..The english PRS-Guy told me also, that Wood Library PRS Guitars are always a kind of little a surprise in terms what kind of Pick up´s they get inside.

It's a really cool guitar. I like the all black look with the dark ebony fretboard and headstock veneer. That makes it unique compared to the older production version. Hopefully the seller can tell you what kind of pickups they are. My guess is they'll be HFS/VB or 59/09.

Thanks. Thats what Iam also thinking about her..Well I have the 59/09 in my MT Mc Carty ant they sound really great, even at high gain levels. I could also deal with the HFS for a while. But there might be also the Dragon II Pickups:confused:. And I havent heard positive things about them, even here.:confused: But I could swap them for my m Metal-PRS Pickups or BKP´s Holy Divers. I mean this Guitar is full Mahagony and this seem to work well for High Gain Metal/Rock sounds.. :)

Standard 24's are great guitars! That one looks sweet. Biggest difference between that one and the ones PRS made while it was a regular production guitar, is this one has an ebony fretboard, which is pretty cool. I'd buy it as long as the price is ok with you. Tough call on the import costs... 4-19% is a pretty wide range. There's not a bunch of standards for sale right now. Sometimes they can be had cheap here, probably not in that condition though, since that one looks pretty new.

[UOTE="vchizzle, post: 391961, member: 1098"]Standard 24's are great guitars! That one looks sweet. Biggest difference between that one and the ones PRS made while it was a regular production guitar, is this one has an ebony fretboard, which is pretty cool. I'd buy it as long as the price is ok with you. Tough call on the import costs... 4-19% is a pretty wide range. There's not a bunch of standards for sale right now. Sometimes they can be had cheap here, probably not in that condition though, since that one looks pretty new.[/QUOTE]

Well I would love to buy it...:rolleyes::D But I have to keep a cool head and make a financial calculation. Ive alread wrote an mail to the merchant and will call the State Duty Guys for the pricing on that.
There is also this news what causes headache to me...Right now and in future if I purchase guitars abroad..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/12/guitar-makers-hit-hard-by-new-regulations-on-prized-rosewood.html

[UOTE="vchizzle, post: 391961, member: 1098"]Well I would love to buy it...:rolleyes::D But I have to keep a cool head and make a financial calculation. Ive alread wrote an mail to the merchant and will call the State Duty Guys for the pricing on that.
There is also this news what causes headache to me...Right now and in future if I purchase guitars abroad..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/12/guitar-makers-hit-hard-by-new-regulations-on-prized-rosewood.html

Good thing here is it has an ebony fretboard. No rosewood, so you won't have the same CITES issues.

[UOTE="vchizzle, post: 391961, member: 1098"]Standard 24's are great guitars! That one looks sweet. Biggest difference between that one and the ones PRS made while it was a regular production guitar, is this one has an ebony fretboard, which is pretty cool. I'd buy it as long as the price is ok with you. Tough call on the import costs... 4-19% is a pretty wide range. There's not a bunch of standards for sale right now. Sometimes they can be had cheap here, probably not in that condition though, since that one looks pretty new.

Well I would love to buy it...:rolleyes::D But I have to keep a cool head and make a financial calculation. Ive alread wrote an mail to the merchant and will call the State Duty Guys for the pricing on that.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/12/guitar-makers-hit-hard-by-new-regulations-on-prized-rosewood.html[/QUOTE]

Good thing here is it has an ebony fretboard. No rosewood, so you won't have the same CITES issues.
Right! No issues getting one posted since it's ebony! It almost feels like it's meant to be! That might push me(if I were you) to snap this one up ASAP. I mean, it's badass. PRS \m/ pickups ROCK in standards by the way. I have them in a McCarty standard.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the “rare” thing; WL guitars aren’t really all that unusual, though those specs with the ebony fretboard are a bit more unusual than most.

In terms of the tone of the wood, WL is the same as any Core model; dealers usually pick them for the figure, but since that one’s black, it doesn’t really matter.

Not sure what “KID” is...maybe the seller means it’s one of the Korina Limited models, and just didn’t use the right initials?

So, a few questions, not a ton of answers.

There are still open questions, but I will wait for the merchants E-Mail and call the Duty authorities to ask about the European import Tax amount. I will keep you informed on that topic. Thanks so far.

Besides that I found here in Europe that one here ..:) That doesent make the Things easier...:confused::) Its used as well, but in an excellent condition.

prs-usa-standard-22-stoptail-black-birds-10-black.jpg

prs-usa-standard-22-stoptail-black-birds-12.jpg

Back