Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

I'd be more concerned about Afrikanized killer bees making a home in my F-hole!
(oh no, here we go again!):eek:

Got pics from Sweetwater!
S2024117-body-large.jpg

S2024117-angle-large.jpg

S2024117-detail2-large.jpg

S2024117-backbody-large.jpg

That's a hot one! Holy smokes!

Shawn, how closely is this wood related to cedar or redwood?
So this caused me to put on my title of "Mr Googles Too F###n Much".

According to Wikipedia (anyone can edit it, so it must be true!), Peroba Rosa is Aspidosperma polyneuron, and I think as far as I can tell, Bauna Preto is Schinopsis brasiliensis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspidosperma_polyneuron

Aspidosperma polyneuron is a timber tree native to Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, and Paraguay.[2] It is common in Atlantic Forestvegetation. In addition, it is useful for beekeeping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schinopsis_brasiliensis

Schinopsis brasiliensis is a species of flowering plant in the cashew family known by the common names baraúna or braúna.[1]

This species is endemic to Brazil, where it is a component of the Caatinga ecoregion.

This tree has a hard, sturdy wood which is used in construction.

Aspidosperma species are not even in the same order as California Redwood (Sequoia sempervirens) nor any commonly used cedar (lots o' species to select from!). All of the Aspidosperma species are from South America, Mexico, and the West Indies. Weird how woods can look so similar yet come from completely different species/genus/family/order (allegedly, according to how we humans currently classify and sort).

Any demos of the Vela reclaimed?
the only one I have seen is the official PRS video with PRSh and Michael Reid, on FB (I don't recall even seeing it on the PRS website, but could be there).

When plans go awry...

I ended up working at home today because my wife had to have a follow-up visit with her general surgeon for a cyst on her shoulder. (That all went very well - she gets to have surgery next week! As long as we don't forget the punch card, I think the next one is free!!!!) With no afternoon commute, I figured it was a little extra time to spend downstairs gearing up for my next recording, tweaking the drum arrangement and such, maybe recording a guide track.

Then, from the living room, I heard my wife's voice calling...

"Pianos N Stuff called!" (Officially they're now NStuff Music.)

My Vela is in.

So now I do have an afternoon commute, just not the usual one. I'll be wrapped up in about 30 minutes, about 30 or so to get there...

To quote David Cross from a Newsradio appearance...

I wasn't going to do this, but here ya go. This is NOT a demo, just a quick tone sample I wanted before playing out.
OMG it sounds amazing

What did you play it through? Dallas?

Was it finger picked as opposed to played with a plectrum?

Back