Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

No....I'm sure, sir.

I distinctly remember the conversation.

I had just rescued a group of nuns from a burning bus, while coming back into town after reading to kindergarten children during their recess. I was on my way to the local animal shelter, to bottle-feed some baby hamsters, when you called to say you had a reclaimed Vela for me...and that photos would be posted.

With full-bellied house rodents blissfully napping in the new enclosure I built from wood I removed from my own home...and before I donated 3 pints of my own blood (in one sitting) for scientific research focused on eyebrow regrowth serum, I checked the forum for the very photo you showed here.

Now do you remember????

Honestly, this is priceless ..... I see a sainthood in your future.

No....I'm sure, sir.

I distinctly remember the conversation.

I had just rescued a group of nuns from a burning bus, while coming back into town after reading to kindergarten children during their recess. I was on my way to the local animal shelter, to bottle-feed some baby hamsters, when you called to say you had a reclaimed Vela for me...and that photos would be posted.

With full-bellied house rodents blissfully napping in the new enclosure I built from wood I removed from my own home...and before I donated 3 pints of my own blood (in one sitting) for scientific research focused on eyebrow regrowth serum, I checked the forum for the very photo you showed here.

Now do you remember????

It does sound vaguely familiar, but I thought there was a case of beer involved? LOL

I'll clarify. Sweetwater is currently in possession of my Vela. They're shipping it today and it should be delivered to my apartment on Monday.

Awesome news...and a welcome surprise, considering it's much earlier than anticipated. Congrats!!!

Looking forward to the snapshots you'll (hopefully) post up!

IMG_2749.JPG

It does sound vaguely familiar, but I thought there was a case of beer involved? LOL

Correct, sir.

You're referring to the case of IPA I delivered to the volunteer fire department.

I didn't want to seem like I was bragging, by mentioning such a selfless, heartfelt show of genuine appreciation for those who work to protect our neighborhoods..

@Shawn@PRS

You will tell us when someone returns one of these guitars because it has a hole or a crack in the top won't you? There's got to be one. There's always one!

@Shawn@PRS

You will tell us when someone returns one of these guitars because it has a hole or a crack in the top won't you? There's got to be one. There's always one!

That reminds me of the limited run of Golden Eagles we did. Those guitars were replicas of the guitar Paul built for Howard Leese before starting the PRS company. The wood used for the top came from an old chest of drawers. A friends mom told Paul he could have the maple drawer fronts if he built her mahogany drawer fronts as replacements. When Paul used the dresser drawers to build guitars, he had to plug holes where the drawers pulls once were. On the bottom side of the maple top, the pot placement lined up perfectly, covering one of the holes. But on the upper side of the book match, a maple plug had to be installed. On Golden Eagle limited run, we replicated the plugged hole in the upper portion of the top. Damn if I didn't have someone email me to complain about the shoddy workmanship. How dare we put a plug in the top of a guitar costing that much money. That story still makes me smile!

That reminds me of the limited run of Golden Eagles we did. Those guitars were replicas of the guitar Paul built for Howard Leese before starting the PRS company. The wood used for the top came from an old chest of drawers. A friends mom told Paul he could have the maple drawer fronts if he built her mahogany drawer fronts as replacements. When Paul used the dresser drawers to build guitars, he had to plug holes where the drawers pulls once were. On the bottom side of the maple top, the pot placement lined up perfectly, covering one of the holes. But on the upper side of the book match, a maple plug had to be installed. On Golden Eagle limited run, we replicated the plugged hole in the upper portion of the top. Damn if I didn't have someone email me to complain about the shoddy workmanship. How dare we put a plug in the top of a guitar costing that much money. That story still makes me smile!

People can be very unobservant. I used to work for a gas company. At one point, we bought a smaller gas company and sent letters and sample bills to their customers (it was 127 customers) explaining the change and showing what their new bills would look like. The bills were all generic - Joe Anybody, 123 Any Street, etc. They got something like 25 checks for the bill and one letter saying that the bill was higher than normal, could someone please check the meter.

You guys are gonna hate me when I paint the sh!t out one of these CE's in a few years. :rolleyes:

Not if you paint it blue...

Since they already have nail holes in them, I figured you'd slap a Roland MIDI pick up on it, along with a knocker from a front door, and maybe a peep hole. :p

Be careful daring Sergio to put knockers on his guitar...

Ha ha. Great story. Thank you for sharing it!

I won't ask which old guitar bodies were used to make the replacement mahogany drawer fronts on the lady's dresser :eek:

Sorry about that :oops:

Wasn't really me!

Back