Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Picked mine up - posting in the unofficial thread, but here's just a taste...

vela05.jpg

Short version - wow. My first semi-hollow, and the Vela is a model I've been considering for a while. More in the other thread, including more pics.

OMG it sounds amazing

What did you play it through? Dallas?

Was it finger picked as opposed to played with a plectrum?
Thank you!

Chain: Vela -> Klon KTR/BB Preamp/El Capistan/Flint -> Super Dallas -> Pine 2x12. Only dirt, at first, is the Klon.

There's finger and flat picking throughout the test. The Type D pickup is only played on the last section, I believe.

Gah, these photos have me jonesing for mine, but it is still two days out! Gah!

Are the holes and cracks in the top of these reclaimed wood guitars filled with some kind of black filler?

Merriam-Webster Dictionary says:

Definition of happy

1: favored by luck or fortune : fortunate - a happy coincidence
2: notably fitting, effective, or well adapted : - a happy choice
3: enjoying or characterized by well-being and contentment : - XXX is the happiest person I know
4: expressing, reflecting, or suggestive of
happiness : - a happy ending (no, not THAT kind)
5:
glad, pleased : - I'm happy to meet you
6: having or marked by an atmosphere of good fellowship : - a happy office

7: finding out that you were offered the chance to snag the (apparently) last available RL SH Vela known to mankind...and jumping on it like a fat kid on cake

:cool::D:cool::D

Awesome drawshot! Any dealer pics, or just "TBD"?

TBD, shinksma.

The shop I found mine at ordered three if them. They're due to be delivered to the dealer sometime in the next few weeks. I'm flying totally blind...and loving it.

No clue what it'll look like, woodgrain and 'flaws'-wise...but I do know it won't suck!

:-D

Enjoy it, D! I've had a blast with mine so far. It's so far off the norm of what I normally go for - natural finish, satin, more twang than hammer. But it plays like a dream and sounds so cool. I need to put together some sound samples. And pump it through the Budda, which is the Fenderiest amp I have (other than my Champ).

Right, I did it. I could not take it anymore. This reclaimed vela bug has infected me about the last 2 weeks (seriously) and I could not shake it. There does not seem to be a cure, except to get one. I rocked up to a dealer today in London to just 'try' your standard run of the mill vela, for the first time (I don't think England gets the reclaimed ones till end of April or something). I figured I must be foolhardy to want to buy a guitar because I saw a youtube vid and some pretty pictures. I wanted to go in there and NOT like it, I mean it, any reason to not want this reclaimed series vela. I failed. I even went with the wife! Let's just say money was exchanged and I will now be acquiring one of these in the coming weeks...basses aside, my first new guitar, ever.

Right, I did it. I could not take it anymore. This reclaimed vela bug has infected me about the last 2 weeks (seriously) and I could not shake it. There does not seem to be a cure, except to get one. I rocked up to a dealer today in London to just 'try' your standard run of the mill vela, for the first time (I don't think England gets the reclaimed ones till end of April or something). I figured I must be foolhardy to want to buy a guitar because I saw a youtube vid and some pretty pictures. I wanted to go in there and NOT like it, I mean it, any reason to not want this reclaimed series vela. I failed. I even went with the wife! Let's just say money was exchanged and I will now be acquiring one of these in the coming weeks...basses aside, my first new guitar, ever.
Right on! I know exactly how you feel. ...only I didn't bring the wife...har har har

Is anyone picking up a hard case for theirs? Or content with the gig bag? I'm usually a gig bag kinda guy...but I get the feeling I may some extra protection for this baby. Does PRS make one for the CE i can buy separate? Or would I need to go with a compatible third party?

Back