Halftime show

I want to be a bigger fan of hers. I think she's really talented and a good entertainer (I really liked her on AHS) but it's the songs, man. She hasn't written anything that makes her "undeniable" for me, yet. Even her cover of one of my favorite songs of all time (I Want Your Love) didn't do it for me.I'm sure she's got it in her though.

I didn't really care for the show. Compared to last year's, and on a scale of Bruno Mars to Beyonce, I give her a Coldplay. :)

You're right. She is incredibly talented. She's like Ohio State. Plays down to their competition. In this case, what the "masses" want. I almost put Mayer, and Clapton in this crowd too (and lots of other artists). Only in that I mean they are supremely talented, but don't throw around the chops. If that makes sense.

The other thing that creeps me out about her is sometimes she reminds me of Marilyn Manson, at a quick glance.

Only in that I mean they are supremely talented, but don't throw around the chops. If that makes sense.

It is incredibly difficult to rise to the top in the arts, and even more difficult to avoid becoming yesterday's news.

Fear of failure is real, probably more so in the arts, where a fall from popularity is quite public, than for folks with "regular" careers. Many artists feel they will not get a second chance to appeal to the public, and with few exceptions they're right.

So are they tempted to go lowest-common-denominator? Sure.

Job security isn't very good in the music biz.

It is incredibly difficult to rise to the top in the arts, and even more difficult to avoid becoming yesterday's news.

Fear of failure is real, probably more so in the arts, where a fall from popularity is quite public, than for folks with "regular" careers. Many artists feel they will not get a second chance to appeal to the public, and with few exceptions they're right.

So are they tempted to go lowest-common-denominator? Sure.

Job security isn't very good in the music biz.

Totally agree, and would posit that goes far beyond the arts.

I believe the section in the beginning had to be pre-recorded in order to use the drones as a backdrop, since the air above the stadium was a no fly security zone during the game. The camera didn't show the "complete" jump because of this. That said, I think it was a great show (not really a fan), but she did a great job, I loved the patriotic opening, and I appreciated her keeping it to a musical performance, rather than a political statement.

I've seen it reported that the jump part was prerecorded for just the reasons you cited.

Gotta say, the Mrs impressed me most during halftime...."wasn't that silver guitar a PRS?" She's learning!

Was she suspended from the roof with cables when she said it? Because then I'd vote for her too.

AHS... Hmmm...

American Hand Stand?
Alberta Health Services?
American Horror Story?
American Horticultural Society?
Apathetic Human Syndrome?
Average Humbucker Sound?
Agnostic Hippie Stilts?

I dunno.:oops:

ALL HAIL SMITH!!!

Back