Gig Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenBaker

Just got my Custom 24 SE and there was no gig bag. Definitely factory sealed, so I wonder if they still include them? Has anyone gotten theirs recently that can confirm either way?

Guitar Center?
If so, they charge extra.

All SE guitars come with a gig bag.
You can Google how GC keeps the bags.

Guitar Center?
If so, they charge extra.

All SE guitars come with a gig bag.
You can Google how GC keeps the bags.

It was musicians friend but I believe they are the same company. Strange considering everyone is selling it for the same price, yet everyone else mentions that it is included.

Yes, Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are one and the same.
I have bought four SE guitars since summer, and each and everyone of them comes with a gig bag.
My last SE was just delivered a few weeks back.
Guitar is put in the gig bag, then a regular guitar carton.

Yes, Musicians Friend and Guitar Center are one and the same.
I have bought four SE guitars since summer, and each and everyone of them comes with a gig bag.
My last SE was just delivered a few weeks back.
Guitar is put in the gig bag, then a regular guitar carton.

Spoke with Musician's Friend and they do not include it with this model, so be aware if you are looking for one with the gig bag.

On another note, the warranty card says to affix the hang tag from the guitar, mine just had one to receive some free learning materials. Do SE's have a hang tag??

Last edited:
I have not got any hang tags with mine.
And my 2012 SE Custom 24 I got right before my 2012 SE Tremontj Custom came with a gig bag.

I use a small and pop shop instead of the big chain stores.
You should call them back and let them know all SEs ship with a gig bag.

I just received an SE 245 in Tobacco Burst a couple of days ago here in Australia and there was no hang tag with mine. There was a gig bag though thankfully!

I have not got any hang tags with mine.
And my 2012 SE Custom 24 I got right before my 2012 SE Tremontj Custom came with a gig bag.

I use a small and pop shop instead of the big chain stores.
You should call them back and let them know all SEs ship with a gig bag.

I think it's just guitar center/musicians friend that order them without the bags. On every other site it always specifies "with gig bag" but not on their sites. This one was on back order for two months from them, yet other places had them, so they probably just pack theirs without. Just glad to finally have it. The fretboard is so dark it looks just like ebony instead of rosewood so that was worth waiting for!

Pretty sure every PRS SE comes with a gig bag.

To be clear... GC marks the gig bags as seperates items when they arrive at the store.

Last edited:
I use a licensed dealer/wholesaler here and mine came with the gig bag. Prices are awesome and I won't use anyone else.

I got a new SE Custom 24(love it) a couple of weeks ago from Guitar Center. It came brand new from their distribution center with no gig bag. When asked, Guitar Center told me they don't get them with the gig bags. They instead tried to sell me one of their crappy aftermarket cases. In this man's opinion, this is true BS since they use the same MSRP and sell for the same price as the other dealers. PRS confirmed that they DO NOT send the gig bags to Guitar Center. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. PRS literature(price lists) state that the SE Custom 24 comes with a "cordura gig bag". Why should I have to put up with some crappy aftermarket case. Any Gibson or Fender guitars I have purchased from them have come with the appropriate case or gig bag as mentioned in the manufacturer literature. If you were buying a new iphone they would be pretty much the same price everywhere. Can you imagine the uproar if say Best Buy told Apple not to include the charger so they could instead sell their own aftermarket charger? If Apple says it come with the phone, it does! Apple values their reputation and would never go for this at any of their dealers. I believe PRS should do the same.

They were even doing it with cases, not just gig bags. GC call it "exploding" the item when a guitar comes in with a case or gig bag and then give it a separate sku...
In MY opinion, it's criminal and apparently quite a few GC's are no longer allowed to carry PRS for this very reason.
My local shop has more than quadrupled their inventory in the past couple months from taking in units from various other offending locations.
Also, according to the manager out here, it voids the factory warranty if the PRS guitar is sold without the case or gig bag. This, I'm unsure of and could have just been him rattling his head for dramatics sake...

Last edited:
PRS is keenly aware. not to mention actually facilitating what's going on here. PRS customer service told me they do not send their guitars to Guitar Center with the gig bags. I was told by PRS customer service I should return my guitar to Guitar Center and go buy one from another dealer if I wanted the gig bag. This is preposterous! Nice response. Nice service.

PRS is keenly aware. not to mention actually facilitating what's going on here. PRS customer service told me they do not send their guitars to Guitar Center with the gig bags. I was told by PRS customer service I should return my guitar to Guitar Center and go buy one from another dealer if I wanted the gig bag. This is preposterous! Nice response. Nice service.

So return the guitar! :D Problem solved....

I'm sure GC WANTS to buy them without so they can SELL you one. It's just business....

But before you ship it back you could CALL MF and say WHY you are returning it and tell you'd keep it if they provide the Bag. ;)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;75218 said:

I have no problem with the guitar. I have spent time setting it up to my preferences and don't plan on returning it. I just expect PRS to make good on those things PRS says are included with their guitars. If they are going to make a special decontented package for Guitar Center it should be made clear in their literature these exist with an appropriate reduction on the MSRP with a corresponding reduction in the selling price. How else can you really compare one dealers offer with another? I thought I was receiving the same guitar as I wouId from Sam Ash, Sweetwater or any other PRS dealer I don't think that is expecting too much. I am clearly not the first customer who is unhappy with how this gig bag issue has been handled by PRS. Unless PRS steps up and addresses this issue it appears I won't be the last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back