Could PRS official web keep the web pages for models no more on catalog

CSurieux

It would be nice to have this official web site reference in the case we want to check the specs, selling or buying.
Recently I just see that the SE 245 from 2017 is no more on the official PRS site ... and the dealers web sites are now offering very different stories for this model.
The rule seems to be one year after end of line then garbage collected.
Working in IT from years, I know that it is not 1000 static web pages that will increase the cost of this site ;)

Recently I bought a fantatsic S2 Studio, and as it is no more on the 2019 catalog, its description page is still on the web site but I fear that next year, it could disappear as the 2017 SE 245...

Please Paul...

G
Just hop into the Wayback Machine and enjoy a journey through more than 20 years worth of the PRS web site...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.prsguitars.com
Great web site, thanks for this link.
I find back my 245 2017 page !!!
I tried for other web pages with dynamic content and their crawler has been failing but for PRS static pages it's perfect.

May PRS keep these pages directly...

It's in PRS's interest to keep an 'archive page' of links to the old models, including pricing. A seller will look there to list used guitars so they can get cash to buy a new guitar. The easier the selling transaction is for both the seller and the buyer of used guitars, with more accurate specs and values, means the seller on average gets more cash and can afford more in their next guitar. Say they trade three SEs up for a new S2 or a couple of S2s to get a brand new ten top Core.

Just hop into the Wayback Machine and enjoy a journey through more than 20 years worth of the PRS web site...

This is fab - I just travelled back to the land time forgot, aka John Crunch's now archived vintage PRS site. It's not all there as quite a lot of the photos don't show but one of my favourite guitar website is now visible again:)

This was brought up several years ago. Someone from PRS, maybe Hunter, replied that they have actually had customers try to argue that they should still be able to order discontinued guitars if they're still listed on the web site. So PRS decided to just keep the previous year models listed. Or something like that.

This was brought up several years ago. Someone from PRS, maybe Hunter, replied that they have actually had customers try to argue that they should still be able to order discontinued guitars if they're still listed on the web site. So PRS decided to just keep the previous year models listed. Or something like that.
It makes sense, but for customers there is something missing in the actual status.

One problem I see is that if PRS let others duplicate these pages : how could we be certain that the original information is preserved ?

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I was recently wondering when did the neck on Core Custom 22 switched from the option between a Pattern Regular and a Pattern Thin to a Pattern. According the the Wayback Machine you shared it was in 2017 that they switched to the Pattern. That sounds about right. I wonder why PRS did that. Anyway, excellent resource.

They could have an archive section where they state the specs of past and discontinued models and clearly stating that those specs and models are no longer available. I guess some people will always find ways of being unreasonable.

Back