Coco and Koa

This makes PRS #10 What a delighful adventure in PRS land the last 15 months

Dark Cherry McCarty Soapbar->River Blue Special Artist with Flame neck->Blue Fade HB II Artist->Walnut LTD->Cherry Westie->Raspberry IRW neck McCarty Soapbar->Steven Fisher Grand Tonare Custom Ricky Skaggs Pernambuco->IRW neck Single cut quilted amber->(Teal Knaggs Kenai soapy ) -> Tortiseshell C22 Mahogany neck triple Soapy trem-> Cocobolo Angelus

Throw in a Limited run trans black Heritage H535, Limited run Blueberry burst Gibby ES 335 Figured / block , and a Custom shop '55 LP Special Soapy .. A DG 30 amp/cab and a paisley Blue Sierra 50 /cab ... and regardless of what the afterlife holds ... I'm already in Nirvanaville ..

Last edited:
After 2 days of intensive searching .. I decided I'd go ahead and snag it and just spread out the payments instead of one lump.

This one was love at first sight , and while not a McManus it's as close as I will get , and the price was just too good to pass up.

e6jhkcps6xcrprevsoqt.jpg
You Did A Good Thing!

Congrats!!

mxa4cn1y7cogpa4vzlxf.jpg

Unfortunately the US made "standard" models are no longer produced ,The Stephen Fischers are the early ones. The carbon fibre truss rod ones are per Paul considered PS . Later standards introduce adjustable truss rods before they dropped them.

.. My suggestion as a musican and collector ,If you can find one of the early CF beam models, snag one while they are still reasonable .... the new ones are twice as much for now .....

this beauty is a Flamed Mahogany (!) Fischer Angelus with a Coco fb.... on the watchlist 4 now ...

mxa4cn1y7cogpa4vzlxf.jpg

Unfortunately the US made "standard" models are no longer produced ,The Stephen Fischers are the early ones. The carbon fibre truss rod ones are per Paul considered PS . Later standards introduce adjustable truss rods before they dropped them.

.. My suggestion as a musican and collector ,If you can find one of the early CF beam models, snag one while they are still reasonable .... the new ones are twice as much for now .....

this beauty is a Flamed Mahogany (!) Fischer Angelus with a Coco fb.... on the watchlist 4 now ...
I have a carbon fiber truss rod in my Tonare Grand PS from 2013. The guitar sounds amazing and never needs adjustment.

She just arrived .. VERY sweet . The neck is chunkier than the Tonare , the instrument feels more petite for some reason. This is the first Engleman Spruce top guitar I've owned .. very pretty almost white. As somewhat expected the tone is a bit brighter and very "direct" yet has HUGE lower end. Even tuned down to open G it's still angelic in its sparkle.. good naming Paul ..

I've been searching for just the right instrument for Open Mic , I think I hit the mark this time .

As far as any of those wood debate folks go .. lets just put it this way , that flame mahogany one is looking even more likely .
They share qualities , but the WOODS do make a BIG difference .

Last edited:
She just arrived .. VERY sweet . The neck is chunkier than the Tonare , the instrument feels more petite for some reason. This is the first Engleman Spruce top guitar I've owned .. very pretty almost white. As somewhat expected the tone is a bit brighter and very "direct" yet has HUGE lower end. Even tuned down to open G it's still angelic in its sparkle.. good naming Paul ..

I've been searching for just the right instrument for Open Mic , I think I hit the mark this time .

As far as any of those wood debate folks go .. lets just put it this way , that flame mahogany one is looking even more likely .
They share qualities , but the WOODS do make a BIG difference .
Nice!

Well unlike the listed spec, and the PRS sheet inside .. mine is a 2012 and had the truss rod cover so I popped and yes .. sadly there is a truss rod .. I remember seeing the video mentioning the switch .. unfortunately I wasn't sharp enough to catch it . Not a deal breaker , and some would call it better .. but I"m quite fond of the tonare's carbon beam ..

Last edited:
Back