Coco and Koa

Greywolf

Luthier and Sound Sensei
First off , if any of you fine folks have yet to play one of the US made PRS Acoustics , do your selves a BIG favor and search one out. They are MUCH different , and well worth the effort to find ... just when I thought I was done buying guitars ... A lovely mate to my all Pernambuco Tonare.. watchlist for now ...
wtbsbnvnw3x8rd2sausy.jpg
vnfsxwueynkgefqps4js.jpg

BODY

Top Wood European Spruce Top with highly figured Cocobolo Back and Sides.

Middle Wood Cocobolo Sides (w/ European Spruce Top)

Back Wood Figured Cocobolo Back

Body Shape 15 1/2" Cutaway

Body Depth at Neck Block 3 5/8"

Body Depth at Tail Block 4 1/2"

Bracing PRS Hybrid “X” Classical Bracing

Body Purfling Ebony

Body Binding Koa & Cocobolo

Rosette Cocobolo and Paua shell

NECK

Number of Frets 21

Scale Length 25 1/4"

Neck Wood Peruvian Mahogany

Neck Shape Wide

String Spacing 2 3/16"

Fretboard Wood Cocobolo- figured

Fretboard Inlay Mother of Pearl/Paua Birds

Strength/Truss Rod High-Modulus Carbon Fiber

Nut Bone

HARDWARE

Bridge Wood Ebony

Tuners PRS Tuners

Acoustic Saddle Bone

ELECTRONICS

Pickup Proprietary, Full Bandwidth Piezo Pickup w/ Proprietary 18-Volt Custom-Voiced Preamp

Last edited:
The Coco one is Peruvian Mahogany , not Pernambuco they only made 5 of those .. the other 4 have ebony fretboard and bridges . The all perni tonare is a unicorn .. a magnificent one ... THIS is MINE .. being played by the late Al Pettiway ( RIP)
My bad, did not read properly! I still say buy it!! Your future recipients will appreciate it ;~))

Whoa, that stopped me in my tracks for a few min! Congrats, that is awesome!

The Holidays, and other Life priorities have to take a momentary precedence . I've been good .. didn't buy 1 guitar last month! ( after a 14 month Bucket List spree it is time to take a short breath) I do wrestle with the save the money for Hospice or enjoy it now and sell later ...

The Holidays, and other Life priorities have to take a momentary precedence . I've been good .. didn't buy 1 guitar last month! ( after a 14 month Bucket List spree it is time to take a short breath) I do wrestle with the save the money for Hospice or enjoy it now and sell later ...
Totally understood! Your run has been mind boggling!! I shall however, persist to enable!!! Merry Christmas Brother ;~))

Regarding the Carbon fibre truss rod , it's rock stable , especially great for switching tunings . The only down side is if you don't like the relief PRS has dialed in ...for me it's flawless. Steven Fischer is not the only luthier that uses CF in necks .. it's a trend that's building now that reliable sources and routing jigs are available. https://dragonplate.com/how-carbon-fiber-d-tubes-affect-musical-instrument-tone

First off , if any of you fine folks have yet to play one of the US made PRS Acoustics , do your selves a BIG favor and search one out. They are MUCH different , and well worth the effort to find ... just when I thought I was done buying guitars ... A lovely mate to my all Pernambuco Tonare.. watchlist for now ...
wtbsbnvnw3x8rd2sausy.jpg
vnfsxwueynkgefqps4js.jpg

BODY

Top Wood European Spruce Top with highly figured Cocobolo Back and Sides.

Middle Wood Cocobolo Sides (w/ European Spruce Top)

Back Wood Figured Cocobolo Back

Body Shape 15 1/2" Cutaway

Body Depth at Neck Block 3 5/8"

Body Depth at Tail Block 4 1/2"

Bracing PRS Hybrid “X” Classical Bracing

Body Purfling Ebony

Body Binding Koa & Cocobolo

Rosette Cocobolo and Paua shell

NECK

Number of Frets 21

Scale Length 25 1/4"

Neck Wood Peruvian Mahogany

Neck Shape Wide

String Spacing 2 3/16"

Fretboard Wood Cocobolo- figured

Fretboard Inlay Mother of Pearl/Paua Birds

Strength/Truss Rod High-Modulus Carbon Fiber

Nut Bone

HARDWARE

Bridge Wood Ebony

Tuners PRS Tuners

Acoustic Saddle Bone

ELECTRONICS

Pickup Proprietary, Full Bandwidth Piezo Pickup w/ Proprietary 18-Volt Custom-Voiced Preamp
Oh My! WOW!!

After 2 days of intensive searching .. I decided I'd go ahead and snag it and just spread out the payments instead of one lump.

This one was love at first sight , and while not a McManus it's as close as I will get , and the price was just too good to pass up.

e6jhkcps6xcrprevsoqt.jpg
You did the right thing! Congrats on another amazing addition to your stellar collection!!

Back