PRS Angelus models

Glad you like how it sounds!

One of the things that helps make it great, both for tone and ease of maintenance, is that it has carbon fiber truss rods instead of an adjustable metal truss rod. I don't know if that's still an option, but it's great.

First, the guitar's neck has remained perfectly straight for almost ten years, no issues, no maintenance at all.

Second, the resonance of metal is different than that of carbon fiber. The carbon fiber seems to not ring in the audible frequency range, or ring less, and I find the guitars with the carbon rods sound 'woodier', more even up and down the neck, and more natural (this is my second PRS acoustic with carbon fiber, and I've had guitars with maple bodies and a similar size with metal rods that emphasized certain notes).

So I'd recommend the carbon fiber rods highly. The choice just works better (for me - your mileage may vary, price does not include tax or transportation fees, do not taunt Happy Fun Ball). :)
My PS McManus /Angeles (Cocobolo and Bearclaw European Spruce) has the CF truss rod - totally agree with your comments! I like the even response of the maple on your demo.

It took 7 months .. worth the wait
e6jhkcps6xcrprevsoqt.jpg

I have a Steve Fischer Angelus cutaway. The guitar sounds very balanced and records very well.

The thing that blew me away is how effortlessly it plays.

I got mine in a trade deal, its been played a lot so its not pristine condition.

I have decided that when I retire, I will reward myself with a new PS acoustic.

My how life blossoms .. hard to believe I have 2 angelus' and a tonare grand . They are truely magnificent , one for each grandkid ;)

Haven't seen a 12 string yet ..although I'm very pleased with my Taylor 856Ce .... maybe PRS will make a 40th anni 12 ... ooo la la ...

After a few gigs , I found the PRS's push SO much air EQ on the bottom end was a challenge, I pulled both bass and mids out of the amps to cure the woofs but then it just it didn't sound natural . So I dug my trusty old Boss Pro PQ50 parametric out this afternoon as there is a CD release party this weekend and I wanted to really get a better sound for the artist. It was worth the small time invested .. I love parametrics.. Now it sounds just like unamped , but louder which is what I always shoot for on acoustics.

for the curious , -10db @50hz +5 db @250 , +10@2K +15 @3500 amp set with 0 bass , 4 mids , 10 treble ( fender acoustic 100)
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
A month ago , I decided on an Electric hiatus for a couple of reasons : To stop buying electrics for now and to focus on my 3 PRS acoustics.
Since my time at the Cafe' is primarily acoustic oriented it seemed like a nice change . I play primarily in open G ,for acoustic , but decided to finally get comfortable in DADGAD , not a big switch , but a much different mood . I keep one in standard, one in Open G and one in DADGAD , the 12 stays in Open G because .. hey retuning a 12 isn't my favorite thing .

I have pulled out my electric a couple of times , but now the strings seem so thin I can barely feel them and I put them back in the case .

The great thing is , I've been composing new songs that I just never do in electric . Thank you Paul and Steve Fisher for bringing me back home.

When the warm weather returns , I'll pull the electrics back out , and my chops will be much better for it .

A month ago , I decided on an Electric hiatus for a couple of reasons : To stop buying electrics for now and to focus on my 3 PRS acoustics.
Since my time at the Cafe' is primarily acoustic oriented it seemed like a nice change . I play primarily in open G ,for acoustic , but decided to finally get comfortable in DADGAD , not a big switch , but a much different mood . I keep one in standard, one in Open G and one in DADGAD , the 12 stays in Open G because .. hey retuning a 12 isn't my favorite thing .

I have pulled out my electric a couple of times , but now the strings seem so thin I can barely feel them and I put them back in the case .

The great thing is , I've been composing new songs that I just never do in electric . Thank you Paul and Steve Fisher for bringing me back home.

When the warm weather returns , I'll pull the electrics back out , and my chops will be much better for it .
Sounds Fun! Good For You!!

Back