Can’t defend them any more....

Most aging hard rock bands are kind of pathetic because their act didn't mature along with them. It's kind of like a 50 year old guy wearing a Speedo... put your damn junk away, nobody wants to see it anymore :)

unlike some of you I am a Motley Crue fan. But I just heard their cover of Like A Virgin on Sirius I may never be the same again. I hope it’s a joke.

Have not heard it, but I read about it and it's apparently not a joke. I think Crue jumped the shark a few years ago. I really thought about going to the last tour because I really liked them when I saw them live years ago, but after seeing the video on TV, I'm glad I didn't.

I went to their last concert....Alice Cooper was great....that is all I will say

The most impressive ancient musical act I can recall was Leonard Cohen on his 2009 tour. He was 75 years old and skipping around the stage like an exuberant kid. He hired world class musicians and they did some of the best renditions of his songs I've ever heard.

At 75 he never missed a beat, it was the most flawless performance I've ever seen and still moves me to this day. The very definition of a "class act".

Even if you don't think you're into Leonard Cohen I'd highly recommend his 2009 Live in London DVD. Critics everywhere cited it as the most perfect performance they'd ever witnessed and for once they were right :)

Have not heard it, but I read about it and it's apparently not a joke. I think Crue jumped the shark a few years ago. I really thought about going to the last tour because I really liked them when I saw them live years ago, but after seeing the video on TV, I'm glad I didn't.

I went to their last concert....Alice Cooper was great....that is all I will say

I went to the Final Tour, or whatever, just to see Cooper. I hung around for 5 Crue songs. I couldn't handle Vince's voice, and left. One time I'm glad I didn't ride to the show with the group I was with. After seeing Cooper open for them I wondered how they felt getting their a$$es kicked every night by a 66 year old.

Played it on Hair Nation. Not on the web yet but the dj said it will play again at 230pm est. once you hear it you cannot unhear it.

Bastid! The train wreck watcher in me can't resist, so now I have the satellite cranked up so I can hear it out here.

I'll let you know if we can still be friends... :p

Edit: Still pre-song, but I loved this - Keith Roth just said they premiered the song this morning and they're going to play it in about 10 minutes, then said, "Just giving you fair warning". And not in that excited way.

yeah, when you listen to Girls, and Dr. Feelgood, Shout, Home, it's hard to imagine them doing anything that is a "redo" of some artists song, you're kinda joking or run out of gas or both...

Well, we listened. I think we can still be friends.

It wasn't ear-gougingly horrible, but as my wife and I listened, many looks of disbelief were exchanged. My wife said, "At least they made it their own instead of sounding like the original." I think that was the most positive comment we made. The guitar riff wasn't bad, but the mix was awful. It seemed pretty bass and drum heavy to me - the guitars seemed pretty buried, and Neil's voice was thin and disappeared in the mix a few times.

I'm not going to go out of my way to hear it again.

Back