BMF Version 3.0

91_AQ_Guitar.jpg

sounds good apart from the stacked controls, for me the only PRS I did not get on with (out of the 20 + I have owned) had been modded by a previous owner (SAS, added piezo saddles and stacked the volume and tone) fine if you don't use the controls but something of a nightmare on a gig where trying to adjust one invariably moved the other.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;23147 said:
I have but the binding on the new ones kills it for me. It's too much.

This guitar is killer and the fretwork is exceptional. I suppose I could just redrill the top for the studs. It would be interesting to hear how the giant hole in the body impacts the tone - especially that close to the studs. But it would be ugly as hell. Maybe I could put an aquarium in there. HAHAHAHAHA

Should I put some Sole back in the Hole? :laugh:

Send it to me, I can fix it for you

Like I mentioned the other night, I have a penchant for the SE One. OK, more like a heroine addiction, but you get my drift. ;) This new project geetar MUST come to BF Egypt next spring. And by MUST, I mean It had better fuggin' be there!!

Yikes. Sorry. Couldn't control that. My name is Boogie and I'm an SE One-a-holic. :yikes:
:p

So BMF version 3.0 has arrived and we started working on it immediately.

This is what it looked like when we got
1.jpg

It was routed for a humbucker and aftermarket bridge
2.jpg

First Skitchy cut a nice block from a chunk of Private Stock Korina
3.jpg

Next, the block was glued into place to fill the void and the original stud locations are marked
4.jpg

The epoxy trick was used to fill in the recessed area on the back
5.jpg

Some neat surprises are in store for this one. More to come!

Skitchy my man... you are a straight up Ninja.

That 1st picture makes my heart skip a beat. It sure is a beautiful guitar. I can't wait to see it back together again.

Looks like you are going with a standard PRS hard tail. Did you consider a tune-o-matic or a PRS two peice hard tail? Perhaps a trem?

A Floyd would have been cool, no doubt. TOM bridge too! But if I'm going to try and reclaim the tone of BMF v1, the standard stoptail is the winner.

Perhaps the next one! :)

Making progress

So new studs have been installed and the bridge test-fitted
6.jpg

Also, the route for the lipstick(!) pickup has been completed
7.jpg

Back