BMF Version 3.0

That is some impressive work going on right there. Thanks for the updates from inside PTC Shawn. Hans I bet the anxiety of waiting is a killer but it looks like it will be well worth it.:congrats:

That is some impressive work going on right there. Thanks for the updates from inside PTC Shawn. Hans I bet the anxiety of waiting is a killer but it looks like it will be well worth it.:congrats:

I have 3 guitars at the factory right now. And... a 4th being built.

Keeping a handful guitars THERE is a fun way to make it look like there are fewer guitars HERE. :D

Besides, I love sending things to the PTC and asking them to do whatever they want to do. It's always better than I could have imagined it myself.

Exhibit A: Mushok Baritone with Tremonti pups and Ghost Piezo system. This is one of the coolest guitars I've ever played. The 3-way blade gives me full Treble pup, full bass pup, or bass pup with a filter cap of some sort. The Piezo system has two modes: Dreadnaught and Jumbo body. I can even blend them from the same output jack - or run them to separate amps (1 Acoustic & 1 Electric). I'm sure there's more than I'm forgetting. It even has an LED! That's a heavy metal requirement.

IMG_0017.jpg

Last edited:
Thats pretty damn cool guitar Hans . Now you got me thinking about sending my custom 22 crackwood into PTC and maybe get it refinished to show off the wood a little better.
P1020317.jpg

Its the blue one in the bottom right corner of this pic

Ha yea I did see that :rock: Thats another reason why I have been thinking about it. I think I have to be patient though because I am waiting on a 408 with a rosie neck and gotta pay for that first:D

Then I will have to contact Shawn and see what I am going to have to sell to make that happen :evil:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;24003 said:
Besides, I love sending things to the PTC and asking them to do whatever they want to do. It's always better than I could have imagined it myself.

I think I'm going to do that with one of mine, it sounds like fun...

BMF Version 3.0 will have two pickups now, so it will need some sort of pickup selector switch. Hans has allowed us full creative freedom on project so it was decided to add a toggle switch on the upper bout.

Skitchy routed out the cavity by hand. Is that clean or what?
8.jpg

And the crresponding hole on the top of the guitar.
9.jpg

It will now go to basecoat to start the finish process.

HORAYYYY!!! :dancing:

So Shawn, I gotta ask... did the PS guys squawk when you swiped a chunk of their Korina for an SE? I'm guessing it was the only Korina in the factory.

So, how much is the "do whatever the heck you want" service at the PTC? Could be just what the doctor ordered for my SE Santana...

BMF Version 3 is here and it is KILLER. Thank you Shawn and Skitchy! The finish is simply flawless and the truss rod cover is a classy touch (thank you, Paul).

The lipstick pup sounds even better than I thought it would. It's perfect! When the volume pot is pulled, it puts the 2 pickups out of phase and gets super funk tones! The 3-way toggle just looks like it was always there. I think I'll probably swap the Artist pup for a Starla before it's all over with but I am really taken aback by how well that giant hole was plugged.

Full tone report coming soon.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

The waves in the glare is the texture of the ceiling in my living room.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Oh yeah... it also came with a key chain! :rock: That Skitchy is a funny Mutha[shut-tch'o-mouth]!

IMG_0027.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;28492 said:
BMF Version 3 is here and it is KILLER. Thank you Shawn and Skitchy! The finish is simply flawless and the truss rod cover is a classy touch (thank you, Paul).

The lipstick pup sounds even better than I thought it would. It's perfect! When the volume pot is pulled, it puts the 2 pickups out of phase and gets super funk tones! The 3-way toggle just looks like it was always there. I think I'll probably swap the Artist pup for a Starla before it's all over with but I am really taken aback by how well that giant hole was plugged.

Full tone report coming soon.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

The waves in the glare is the texture of the ceiling in my living room.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

That looks stunning! Great work by the guys at PTC there... If I had the dough and lived in the US i'd be sending my SE off for a little TLC.

"Full tone report coming soon."

Any chance of uploading a sound clip to somewhere? Would love to hear it!

Back