Anyone playing only/mostly PRS these days??

I used to gig with a LP Standard and with a FGN Masterfield (semi-hollow). Both fine instruments. The Les Paul caused serious neck pain after 2,5 hours of gigging. It was an absolute heavy weight. Lately I traded it against a PRS McCarty and it seems that this will be the guitar that will get the gigs in the future.
Besides those, I also play a (non-PRS), selfmade Cigar Box Guitar on a few tunes.

Recently acquired a PRS S2 Singlecut Standard Dot Antique White. Also own an acoustic and another electric (which up to now had been my main practice guitar). The reason for the S2 was that a third guitar (traditional strat-body-shaped, single-coil pickups) just didn't cut the mustard at home, so recently sold that and acquired the S2, at a very reasonable price, you might say.

After a minor adjustment of pickup height, the guitar with its #7 pickups plays well, frets in decent shape, neck solid, action good, no cosmetic issues whatsoever. Quite surprised the #7s sounded awesome, but it took just an adjustment of the neck pickup lower-string side to accomplish what was needed for the full humbucker sound. Bridge and coil-taps were fine. Have not needed much else regards changing/swapping/modding any of my guitars.

Will post pics as soon as a pro photo session can be arranged (not a pro photographer myself, just collect photos culled from search engine images (SFW etc) that add to my desktop or screensavers.) that will document ownership and also add to some image artwork in my living room. Also need to reach 3 posts because of the forum 'prevent spam' link rules.

I've been gigging a PRS exclusively (electric) since 2010 when I bought a 25th anni SAS.
In 2011 I bought a PRS Studio (core) and have been gigging it exclusively since then.
Those NF pickups are awesome and combined with the 57/08, I get every tone I need.
It's seen a lot of work.
I never swap guitars and don't take a backup. In the unlikely event that I break a string or something else goes awry, I would use our lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist backup guitar.
In a absolute worse case scenario, I would use his main guitar.
But neither have ever happened, so that's fortunate.

Back