8 Year Old Girl Tearing Up "Good Times Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin

Holy freakin' crap..!

This would be awesome if it were real. But I gotta call shenanigans on this video. :mad:

The first few seconds I thought "this sounds freakishly familiar." And I realized that's because the audio is lifted and remixed from a little performance I did with my weekend band in 2005. Compare for yourself:

The kids(?) vocals and some keyboard parts and bits of guitar are dubbed over the guitars and drums from my band's performance. Listen to the flanged guitar tone, the rushing :rolleyes:, the idiosyncratic drum fills in the intro. They're murkier than the original (no surprise) but definitely the same original tracks. The guitar is mostly me and a friend, not the kid in the plaid shirt. I wonder who did this..? One positive. They fixed our flubbed ending...

These kids can rock too!

Last edited:
Holy freakin' crap..!

This would be awesome if it were real. But I gotta call shenanigans on this video. :mad:

The first few seconds I thought "this sounds freakishly familiar." And I realized that's because the audio is lifted and remixed from a little performance I did with my weekend band in 2005. Compare for yourself:

The kids(?) vocals and some keyboard parts and bits of guitar are dubbed over the guitars and drums from my band's performance. Listen to the flanged guitar tone, the rushing :rolleyes:, the idiosyncratic drum fills in the intro. They're murkier than the original (no surprise) but definitely the same original tracks. The guitar is mostly me and a friend, not the kid in the plaid shirt. I wonder who did this..? One positive. They fixed our flubbed ending...[/QUOTE]

And the singer shrunk and shaved her beard! ;)

It’s a conspiracy! I blame the authorities :eek:

Holy freakin' crap..!

The kids(?) vocals and some keyboard parts and bits of guitar are dubbed over the guitars and drums from my band's performance. Listen to the flanged guitar tone, the rushing :rolleyes:, the idiosyncratic drum fills in the intro. They're murkier than the original (no surprise) but definitely the same original tracks. The guitar is mostly me and a friend, not the kid in the plaid shirt. I wonder who did this..? One positive. They fixed our flubbed ending...
Well, to be honest, I think they just did as good a job as your band did at covering the song. I watched the drums on the kids' video, and if they used your audio, then they faked it well, because all the hits the kid does match the audio I hear. Seems like a lot of work.

An iconic song, if learned true to the original, can sound so close it is hard to distinguish between covers and original. Neither video has superb audio. And they are from School Of Rock, after all, so it should be pretty darned good.

Back