1992 CE24 question. Signed by Paul in the neck pocket?

dlmorley

I have a CE24 from 1992 (according to neck date but serial starts with 1?)
I wanted to go new strings and change from 10's to 9's. Decided I would clean the guitar up as it has accumulated a lot of muck over the years.
Looking in the pickup cavities I found these markings. To my surprise it looks like a Paul signature. Any thoughts?
Was he still hands on in those days?
Cheers!
Also, what might the W stand for before the date?
Recents - 1 of 1 by David Morley, on Flickr

Here are a couple of extra photos. The skull knob and the saddles were changed when I got it, but I think the original saddles are somewhere.
And being in Europe finding the missing tuner screw, and original knobs is not easy.
The fingerboard is a lush rosewood.. looks much better in real life..
Recents - 1 of 3 by David Morley, on Flickr
Recents - 3 of 3 by David Morley, on Flickr
Recents - 2 of 3 by David Morley, on Flickr

Shoot PRS an email - they might be able to tell you. Plus, if they confirm it is his signature, you'll have proof in case you ever want to sell it; I imagine some folks might pay a bit extra if it has his signature.

My guess is he probably QC'd a question about the neck in Jan of 92 but the guitar went through the line and got a serial number in Dec of 91. Or some such thing. The Vintage pickups are original and interesting. I have them in my 88.

You can get a set of replacement screws for that bass string at the PRS store.

My guess is he probably QC'd a question about the neck in Jan of 92 but the guitar went through the line and got a serial number in Dec of 91. Or some such thing. The Vintage pickups are original and interesting. I have them in my 88.

You can get a set of replacement screws for that bass string at the PRS store.
Thanks. I can't see the screw on the store. The slotted one's yes, but they say for Phase II. I presume they may be the same thread however..I'm in Europe btw

I must admit that I am enjoying the guitar more and more.
As I get older, my fingers suffer if I play much, so 09's definitely helps there. I think I'll change all my guitars.
I had a CE22 which I foolishly sold and this kind of scratches that itch. I was a fan of the Dragon 1's it had but the CE22 with them is hard to find these days. I do like the CE24 pickups though, certainly for gainier stuff.

Back