Your best score of 2023

I'd have to second that ... hard to beat my T1 Kenai Soapy
uplb6p1rmddf0ta1yhom.png

I found a pretty good deal on a Wampler Pantheon Deluxe pedal on Reverb. The guy selling it lives across the state from me. It had a make offer button so I shot him an offer, it wasn't a low ball but dropped the price a bit more. He accepted the offer.

Two days after I bought it he posted a Wampler Gearbox for the same price. I shot him the same offer I sent him for the PD with a note of, "want to sell me another pedal?" and he accepted the offer. I ended up with these pedals at a price that I should never lose any money if I ever decide to sell them. I really like both pedals and go back and forth on which one I like better.

bwPsxOd.jpg

Brand new quilt 594 from Peach Guitars. Got it for 30% off cost. I thought it was a damn good sale price from a highly reputable dealer!!! Far cheaper (by hundreds) compared to what I could get from USA dealers with a similar run.

On the used side: grabbed a Paul’s guitar se for $500. I won’t be keeping it but it was an easy snag at that price!

Honorable mention: a gentle used Taylor acoustic that I got for 50% off price of new…or $700 less than what it routinely sells for used!!! Solid American made acoustic for under $1300? Hell yea!

Last edited:
My Eastman SB55-VB LP Junior. Absolutely incredible guitar approaching Gibson Custom Shop quality for a fraction of the price, and the only guitar I own that didn’t need the slightest mod to be perfect.

Undoubtedly my 1976 Mesa Super 60 (later to be known as a Mk I) serial #511 from the old Lagunitas dog kennel workshop, signed by Randall Smith. I’d wanted one since I started playing guitar in 1976, but cost was always prohibitive. I bought this one from the original owner, and he was more concerned about someone owning it who really wanted one and understood what it was than making a killing off the transaction. At $1750 shipped, I am ecstatic to have it.

Last edited:
The SE SAS at the sale price is such a great guitar that it is the leader in the clubhouse. However, if I score the job I'm in negotiations for before the end of the year, it will probably ouster the guitar from the top spot. And start me thinking about great score potential for 2024. There IS that Santana I've been GASsing over. ;)

My 2009 Special 22, with a ten top. $1,045 all-in, from GC. It's a really nice guitar.

Very happy with my other purchases for the year, too. One that stands out is a HBII from 2008. The date on the tag is the day I met my wife. It only weighs 4.5lbs, which is quite incredible.

Back