Your best score of 2023

The SE SAS at the sale price is such a great guitar that it is the leader in the clubhouse. However, if I score the job I'm in negotiations for before the end of the year, it will probably ouster the guitar from the top spot. And start me thinking about great score potential for 2024. There IS that Santana I've been GASsing over. ;)
You can't spell Santana without Santa! Just sayin'!!

I'll go with a '94 CE-22 with Dragons. In great shape, other than some serious buckle rash.

Jp8ImLo.jpg
Whoa.......that is hot!

For me, getting two "dream" guitars in the same year would count as my best score for 2023. Getting in the PS queue and personally selecting the wood would be a second though it will be my best score for 2024.

2022 Tremonti stoptail in Charcoal and its cousin 2023 Les Paul Custom in Silverburst.
53349404116_d4be9ff7b0_c.jpg

I got a Moc Sand with an unusable trem bar - someone screwed the bridge down :oops:

"Curse you, JM!" Shakes fist at Dead & Co 7/16/23 San Francisco.

Last edited:
From a value perspective, my best score of 2023 might have to be the Mira X. Holy crap, what an undervalued monster of a guitar--so versatile.

From an, "Oh crap, I can't believe I found one" perspective, it's gotta be that DC-22 from the original run of 25.
I can relate to that, having recently found and bought #23. What number is yours GM? :)

I can relate to that, having recently found and bought #23. What number is yours GM? :)
I've just acquired #16. Yours must also be the tobacco sunburst like mine, I presume. (Pretty sure 1-12 were lemon burst, and then 13-25 were tobacco burst.)

It's an amazing guitar, regardless of its provenance/rarity--fit & finish, feel, tone... all of it.

Last edited:
I've just acquired #16. Yours must also be the tobacco sunburst like mine, I presume. (Pretty sure 1-12 were lemon burst, and then 13-25 were tobacco burst.)

It's an amazing guitar, regardless of its provenance/rarity--fit & finish, feel, tone... all of it.
Congrats! Yes, “McCarty Tobacco Sunburst” is the colour. Very tasteful. Totally agree on all counts. It’s a superb instrument and a real joy to play and hear. I’ve been wondering where the others from our batch might be and how their owners are getting along with them… :)

Back