Who do you want to see demoing the SE DGT?

I actually hope there aren’t many reviews, I’m getting sick of the review spam, it’s gotten out of hand. New gear comes out, and then you can feel the sweat of the YT’ers trying to be first out with their videos - Phil McKnight, Pete Thorn, Shawn Tubbs, Premier Guitar, Sweetwater, on and on… not to mention the official PRS video. It feels cheap. Don’t get me wrong, I very much appreciate each of those folks individually, and some great players in the bunch.

I do appreciate having one or two videos in the hands of other players, just to get a feel for how things sound through variety, but just pick a couple people who represent that style of whatever gear, and call it good.
As a guy who's played and worked on guitars for many years, I think 95% of these YT reviewers are full of crap. For most of them, I think it's a vanity thing. I think they like to hear themselves talk. And...just because they have a YT channel does not make them an expert. It's 20 minutes of talking followed by some noodling.

As a guy who's played and worked on guitars for many years, I think 95% of these YT reviewers are full of crap. For most of them, I think it's a vanity thing. I think they like to hear themselves talk. And...just because they have a YT channel does not make them an expert. It's 20 minutes of talking followed by some noodling.
Like it or not, this is how media works these days. What form of advertising could PRS spend money on, that would get this much demo footage out, to this much of the target market, for this much money? None. That's the way things are these days. Send out 10 guitars to 10 key demo guys and you'll have hundreds of thousands of views on your new product in just a few days.

Oh, and the thing it took me a while to digest... this is a "job" for these guys. I told my wife this would be my fun money income when I retire. I'll buy a couple thousand dollars worth of video equipment and start doing gear demos. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it or not, this is how media works these days. What form of advertising could PRS spend money, that would get this much demo footage out, to this much of the target market, for this much money? None. That's the way things are these days. Send out 10 guitars to 10 key demo guys and you'll have hundreds of thousands of views on your new product in just a few days.

Oh, and the thing it took me a while to digest... this is a "job" for these guys. I told my wife this would be my fun money income when I retire. I'll buy a couple thousand dollars worth of video equipment and start doing gear demos. :cool:
Damn right...

I’d put Jon is Too Loud in that 5%, more music than talking, he let’s you hear the instrument in a good way

Storyville was da BOMB !!!! Malford is a vocal force and Grissom & Holts interplay is the recipe on how to have a dual guitar band.
That's absolutely right. Excellent songs, great production, excellent playing!

I much prefer to watch a regular "joe" review a guitar but I'd also rather watch the YT reviewers over a store trying to sell you the guitar.

I'm guessing that I wasn't your first choice (not mine either!),
Well Doug, as one of my girlfriends said to me, many years ago, "you weren't my first or second choice tonight, but it looks like you're going to get lucky anyway." And boy, did I!

But the story has a happy ending, because a couple years later, she said the exact same thing to me... on our wedding day! And since then, I've been getting lucky once or twice a year, for 35 years now!

Ok, seriously, nice video! I like the sunburst and it's the first one I've seen. ALL the other demos have been goldtops. Good job, sir!

Side note: Is that a Youtuber trick, having that thermometer in the background to make it look like it get's hot every time you start playing? Nice effect!

Well Doug, as one of my girlfriends said to me, many years ago, "you weren't my first or second choice tonight, but it looks like you're going to get lucky anyway." And boy, did I!

But the story has a happy ending, because a couple years later, she said the exact same thing to me... on our wedding day! And since then, I've been getting lucky once or twice a year, for 35 years now!

Ok, seriously, nice video! I like the sunburst and it's the first one I've seen. ALL the other demos have been goldtops. Good job, sir!

Side note: Is that a Youtuber trick, having that thermometer in the background to make it look like it get's hot every time you start playing? Nice effect!
Thanks, and congratulations on 35 years! That’s a decibel meter that my son got for me, it gets loud in here sometimes :p

Back