Where do Acoustics go?

Gator

New owner of a SE A60E to go with my Custom 24, so most certainly a PRS fan, but I'm curious now.

My understanding is all the SE line of electrics go through Maryland and are inspected there before being sent out via distribution, one reason that most dealers have very few issues with prs products. So I'm wondering if the acoustic line gets the same treatment, if anyone knows and cares to share.

Thanks in Advance.

Funny I just realized I bought new but it was made in 2018...not really sure if that's a plus or a minus, just feel like that seems like a long time sitting in a warehouse, my last one I thought to ask this one I didn't. I don't think there were any changes to the model it was more of a surprise that I didn't ask about it.

Yes they are checked. If defects are found, the guitar is either destroyed or sold as a B-Stock depending on the severity of the defect. I bought my A55e as a B-Stock due to finish cracks where the head meets the neck. TBH, you have to hold the guitar upside down in bright sunlight to find the defect. So I would say the QC team is pretty good at what they do.

As per PRS, they do not sell B-Stock guitars. If they do not pass inspection in Maryland, they take a ride on a band saw. I just had this conversation with a big PRS dealer here in the US. The salesman that I was dealing with represented a guitar that I was interested in buying as a " PRS B-Stock "guitar which they had to sell as used. I then contacted PRS and was told that was not true. I then re-contacted the PRS dealer and spoke with the manager who told me the salesman was mistaken and confirmed what I had been told by PRS. I bought the guitar and it Is Not B-Stock. There is a lot of misinformation out there even from dealers. Hope this helps.

As per PRS, they do not sell B-Stock guitars. If they do not pass inspection in Maryland, they take a ride on a band saw. I just had this conversation with a big PRS dealer here in the US. The salesman that I was dealing with represented a guitar that I was interested in buying as a " PRS B-Stock "guitar which they had to sell as used. I then contacted PRS and was told that was not true. I then re-contacted the PRS dealer and spoke with the manager who told me the salesman was mistaken and confirmed what I had been told by PRS. I bought the guitar and it Is Not B-Stock. There is a lot of misinformation out there even from dealers. Hope this helps.
So the A55e that i bought from an authorized dealer that has finish cracks at the headstock is not a B-Stock, but wss just on sale for $100 off?

After receiving your message I again called PRS and spoke to Matt in customer service. I explained to him your exact set of circumstances and what you were told. He stated to me again that PRS DOES NOT sell B-Stock guitars and he suspects you were sold a USED one. As I explained in my previous post there is a lot of misinformation out there, intentional or unintentional, so buyer beware. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just wanted to make everyone aware which was the reason for my original post. PRS Customer Service, 410-643-9970 Matt. Good luck

After receiving your message I again called PRS and spoke to Matt in customer service. I explained to him your exact set of circumstances and what you were told. He stated to me again that PRS DOES NOT sell B-Stock guitars and he suspects you were sold a USED one. As I explained in my previous post there is a lot of misinformation out there, intentional or unintentional, so buyer beware. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just wanted to make everyone aware which was the reason for my original post. PRS Customer Service, 410-643-9970 Matt. Good luck
It really doesnt matter to me, the guitar is in pristine condition, and the f look aws are not normally noticeable, nor do the affect the playability of the guitar in any way. I suspect mine was an older model that the seller needed to clear out of his stock and thus the mis-information.

Just as a follow up just because information that you are given is coming from a "Authorized PRS dealer" does not mean it is gospel. President Reagan famously said " Trust but verify". I just recently had an authorized PRS dealer representative (Dave's Guitar's whose name I see often in this forum) give me so much misinformation about the Angelus Standard I was trying to buy, that I had to call PRS to straighten it out. When I called the dealer back and spoke to the manager, he admitted that the information that I was given by the salesperson was WRONG! I was then given the excuse that the sales rep's forte was Martin guitars. Really????? My response was then maybe he should not be selling PRS. As a side note, he was represented to me as the "acoustic expert" of that guitar store. Misinformation is a diplomatic way of saying I was lied to. And I don't mean to rain on your parade but however they explained it to you at the time of sale "finish cracks on the head stock where it meets the neck" is a B.S. sales pitch and does not constitute "pristine condition ". Unfortunately sometimes good intentioned people are given misinformation and then pass on that same misinformation to others (in this forum for example) which compounds the problem. Sometimes people just flat out lie for personal gain. If you are comfortable with your guitar purchase, then that is your perogative. I for one do not like being lied to. I strongly suggest that before members post information that they verify it to the best of their ability. It is the responsible thing to do so that others do not make the same mistakes that they did. Jus sayin!

Last edited:
So now, not only are you calling the dealer a liar, but me as well? I am not an idiot. I inspected the guitar before laying any money out. There are 2 finish cracks on either side of the neck at the nut. They are hard to find under normal light, but I assure you and the world, they exist.

I used the word "pristine", because in my eyes that is what it is. If you dont like my teminology you are free to call it whatever you like. I really dont care. But, don't call me out for spreading B.S. when you dont know the truth of the matter. The guitar was sold to me as New, B-Stock at $100 less than list. It was registered with and accepted by PRS as new. If you want any further proof, i will gladly send you a copy of the receipt and pictures. Otherwise let it go. I'm done.

I refer to your post on 5/08 where you stated on this forum that it is the policy of PRS to either destroy a guitar or sell it as B-Stock did you not. You desiminated information that was WRONG. Whether you meant to do or it was unintentional, I don't know and don't care but the end result was the same. Some poor person on this forum may very likely take that information as gospel and get burned just like you did. I guess it never occurred to you that a 2018 guitar might be used. I never said you lied, I said that you passed on false information. Sorry you're so touchy about getting the shaft, I just want people to get their facts straight before posting so that they don't run the risk of having the same thing happen to them. By the way if the dealer represented the guitar as B-Stock, he lied to you plain and simple. Speaking from personal experience I just had a dealer recently try to feed me the same line of crap. The difference was that I knew better. Enjoy your "B-Stock" guitar.

Last edited:
I refer to your post on 5/08 where you stated on this forum that it is the policy of PRS to either destroy a guitar or sell it as B-Stock did you not. You desiminated information that was WRONG. Whether you meant to do or it was unintentional, I don't know and don't care but the end result was the same. Some poor person on this forum may very likely take that information as gospel and get burned just like you did. I guess it never occurred to you that a 2018 guitar might be used. I never said you lied, I said that you passed on false information. Sorry you're so touchy about getting the shaft, I just want people to get their facts straight before posting so that they don't run the risk of having the same thing happen to them. By the way if the dealer represented the guitar as B-Stock, he lied to you plain and simple. Speaking from personal experience I just had a dealer recently try to feed me the same line of crap. The difference was that I knew better. Enjoy your "B-Stock" guitar.

FINAL WORDS: I'm not upset about being shafted as you may think, because I wasn't. I knew what i was buying, and what the value was at the time of sale. If I am wrong about the whole B-Stock issue, then I am wrong. But, it is not your job to call me out, bash me and the dealer for that. That is something for @Shawn@PRS or PRSh to do, as they feel necessary. If you want to stir pots, find another forum.

Last edited:
Our forum is tolerant but not infinitely so. Be adults, and cautious ones at that. One can say the something without being offensive, and in doing so, raise the level of discourse among a community of friends.

Back