Where do Acoustics go?

My understanding is all the SE line of electrics go through Maryland and are inspected there before being sent out via distribution, one reason that most dealers have very few issues with prs products. So I'm wondering if the acoustic line gets the same treatment, if anyone knows and cares to share.

Now that would make a wonderful documentary video. To see the factory, the transportation, the inspection, and the wonderful people who create the SE instruments...

Now that would make a wonderful documentary video. To see the factory, the transportation, the inspection, and the wonderful people who create the SE instruments...
I have been playing almost 60 years and for the last 20 or so I have played only PRS guitars. I no longer gig and 2 years ago I started playing PRS SE acoustics and no longer play my SE electrics. I play a 2012 Angelus Standard and a 2018 Angelus A50E and love them both. After countless time researching and numerous conversations with the customer service reps at PRS. I can assure you 2 things. ALL of the SE guitars have to pass inspection at the Maryland facility and PRS DOES NOT sell seconds. If it does not pass their thorough inspection it goes for a ride on the band saw period. I have played and owned many other acoustic guitars (Taylor's, Gibson's, Takamine, Yamaha, Alvarez etc. ) and nothing else compares.I hope this helps and I'm sure you will enjoy your guitar as much as I do mine. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back