When are you playing next?

I'm playing in about a half an hour...a hot redhead and a couple of dogs just showed up early...groupies rule.;)

You mean your support group

Momma and the Puppas

Sung to the tune of Kodachrome by Paul Simon... (And I'm just kidding here...).

When I think back
On all the drugs I took in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of vaccination
Hasn't helped me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Omicron
They give us those nice bright spikeys
They give us the screams of Crikey!
Makes you think all the world's
a crummy day
I got a fake vax passport
I love to take a holiday
So mama please take my Omicron away

Momma please take my Omicron away
Momma please take my Omicron
Momma please take my Omicron…..

;)

Looking forward to some clips from the video! Impressive that you did not have Jameson in the crew for the show!! Congrats on keeping the ball rolling and hope it continues to bounce for you!!!

tried posting a video clip from computer file, but wouldn't load.
any ideas? I've got a Drop Box account if that might be an option.

My buddy north of me and I visited our local open-mic on Dec 11th and sat in to listen to the house band. Although my chops weren't up to snuff, my buddy got up and played his 2-song set...a Ukrainian folk tune and a Martin Taylor tune, "Musette to a Magpie."

My buddy did the 2 songs justice with minimal clams, and was warmly received. When my buddy asked if he could visit again, the host said, "I'm sorry, you're too good for us." Then as my buddy was putting his guitar away, the host said through his mic to the audience, "Would you folks like to hear him again?" And the cheers and applause was heavy and thick.

Because we both had an early morning Zoom meeting, my buddy said his thanks to the host from offstage and said he'd return soon. With a few "aw's" and "don't go's" we humbly made our exits and watched through the window as the house band brought in the next guest.

The experience was encouraging enough that it inspired me to practice more so next time both of us could accompany one another, or at provide some charts for the house band with which they could join in.

The open-mic will re-open after New Year's, and we're both looking forward to visiting again.

Although my chops weren't up to snuff, my buddy got up and played his 2-song set..
Serious question: Do you mean that you just didn't feel up to playing? Or did you mean there is some kind of tryout or something to see if you get to get up on stage?
I'm not familiar with how these things work. Just trying to understand what you mean by this.

Last edited by a moderator:
S6wCh2k.png

Looking forward to some clips from the video! Impressive that you did not have Jameson in the crew for the show!! Congrats on keeping the ball rolling and hope it continues to bounce for you!!!

Initial edit of video is up on YouTube. Sync is off (audio/video) for first song, but is pretty close after that.
I guess the slap/echo in the room was more pronounced (for the size of room) than you'd think.
Bass player and drummer were locals (NOLA) that lead singer had worked with before, but no one else had played with before the two full band rehearsals we were able to schedule.
First time the three of us original members had played a show together since at least 1981.
Dancer was added at last minute.....

Regular Guys First Show In 40 Years. - YouTube

Last edited:
Last night's show in my basement was incredible! Every woman in the audience threw her underpants at me.

"Uhm...your wife asked you to take the clothes out of the dryer after you were finished playing."

"Her underwear was in there! That's the same thing, right?"

We have a gig tonight.
Boomer Blues.
I'll be using my H head into a single 12" loaded cabinet.
Taking a Tele and LP TV Special.
My brother the keyboard player doesn't like the tone of my McCarty gold top double cut with soap bar P90s. It's a bit smoother tonally than the Special.

The gig went well. I didn't get the sweet spot in my tone until the end of the second set. I cranked the clean side of the H and adjusted the master volume.
I got the Dicky Betts live at the Fillmore tone.
Sublime.
Did you charge the venue for pest elimination and sonic cleaning? :D I’m sure all but humans went running!

Back