When are you playing next?

I dunno, I kinda like not gigging, rehearsing, doing sessions or “projects”. I never really had more than a couple months off my whole life anyway until my son came along, so… it’s nice.

All the bands I’m in or play with are f@ckin dumb anyway. I may never go back unless like, Dazz Band calls or something.

I dunno, I kinda like not gigging, rehearsing, doing sessions or “projects”. I never really had more than a couple months off my whole life anyway until my son came along, so… it’s nice.

All the bands I’m in or play with are f@ckin dumb anyway. I may never go back unless like, Dazz Band calls or something.
After 21 years with my lead player he quit a couple of weeks ago. Trying new guys, and I know how you feel.

Yeah. Sometimes an era is just done.
Missed you.

@RickP a lot of that is happening here, too. As for the “not ready for prime time” thing, omg, do I know what you mean. Helping a group get off the ground is one thing, but when they go out a book really good venues and the suckage factor is still too high, I draw the line. Their wives had them convinced they were fantastic. Mrs. B spoke the brutal truth! :D

We need more Mrs B’s in this world! Truth hurts sometimes. Lol

For whatever reason, every time I'm in and out of a band, it takes me twice as long to get motivated enough to join one again and to through it all again. I dropped out of the last one in 2005, so I figger I'll be ready again in about 4 years. At the age of not-quite-60. Sheesh!

It doesn't help that there's no live music scene here to speak of at the best of times.

Anybody think I should be trying my hand at accordion for when the time comes..?

Anybody think I should be trying my hand at accordion for when the time comes..?
Although I do not know you personally Herr Squid, I would recommend you collect the following items to prepare for the future:

1. One small accordion (hand muff size unit, not the big honkin' ones with 18 octaves and a million notes)
2. One small monkey for shoulder
3. One tin cup for monkey to hold
4. Two Fez hats, one for you, one for monkey (I would recommend you purchase said hats in Fez, Morocco - it will be worth the trip)
5. Two weathered vests, one your size and one monkey size
6. One puffy shirt
7. One pair of pantaloons
8. One pair of pointy shoes
9. One OSHA compliant sandwich board for advertising purposes
10. If you don't already have one, I would suggest growing out and fashioning a handlebar mustache (aka tip magnet in the minstrel circles)

Once you have these items, let me know and we can chat about the next steps! Best wishes!! If you don't get something else sooner, I am looking forward to checking out the act!!!

Although I do not know you personally Herr Squid, I would recommend you collect the following items to prepare for the future:

1. One small accordion (hand muff size unit, not the big honkin' ones with 18 octaves and a million notes)
4. Two Fez hats, one for you, one for monkey (I would recommend you purchase said hats in Fez, Morocco - it will be worth the trip)
6. One puffy shirt
10. If you don't already have one, I would suggest growing out and fashioning a handlebar mustache (aka tip magnet in the minstrel circles)

Once you have these items, let me know and we can chat about the next steps! Best wishes!! If you don't get something else sooner, I am looking forward to checking out the act!!!
I’m no agent, but this all checks out.

6. One puffy shirt

giphy.gif

Regular Guys - Leave - YouTube
Link is to you tube posting of song from our 1979 EP.
College band (Regular Guys) is doing a show at some festival in New Orleans the first week of Dec.
Guess that makes us an "oldies" act now......power pop/new wave festival.
We got together a couple years ago (pre Covid) to see if we could still do a show together. First time we'd all
been together (at that time) in 38 years.
Our record has been re-released a couple times, a later cut (that I'd written) was released on a compilation album (Standing in the Shadows on Mean Bean Records)
just recently.
175944478_3880093365438750_7168872552612172668_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes! What about ear plugs?

I wear them now. Still too damn loud. Drummer is uncooperative. I had electric drums, but he didn’t like that. Then clear plexiglass around him, but he complained about that, too. I’m going to tell them “I’m out.” Not that big of a deal; I’m passed late night tear-downs. Still having fun playing along with my music at home.

I wear them now. Still too damn loud. Drummer is uncooperative. I had electric drums, but he didn’t like that. Then clear plexiglass around him, but he complained about that, too. I’m going to tell them “I’m out.” Not that big of a deal; I’m passed late night tear-downs. Still having fun playing along with my music at home.
Yeah... gotta look out for number one. Bummer but it will happen to us all for one reason or another.

Sucks, but it’s the right call.

Regular Guys - Leave - YouTube
Link is to you tube posting of song from our 1979 EP.
College band (Regular Guys) is doing a show at some festival in New Orleans the first week of Dec.
Guess that makes us an "oldies" act now......power pop/new wave festival.
We got together a couple years ago (pre Covid) to see if we could still do a show together. First time we'd all
been together (at that time) in 38 years.
Our record has been re-released a couple times, a later cut (that I'd written) was released on a compilation album (Standing in the Shadows on Mean Bean Records)
just recently.
175944478_3880093365438750_7168872552612172668_n.jpg

Well, played the show in NOLA Sat night. We had two full band rehearsals (Wed and Thur night) before show on Sat.
Rhythm guitarist few in Wed from California, I drove in week before to rehearse with other guitarist/singer from NOLA.
We used a local bassist and drummer that NOLA guitarist had worked with many times before.
I don't think people quite knew what to expect.....we were a power pop band from 1979 to 1981 that put out an independent EP in 1979,
some unreleased studio work thru 1981.
For a bunch of old guys (youngest was the drummer/bass player at 63) and oldest was lead singer/guitarist at 68, I think we killed it!!
We hired someone to do video, so guess we'll find out shortly.
We played after a band, had about 15 min to set up/tear down after playing. Didn't have much time to talk to audience, but everyone I spoke with was very positive about our show.
A couple folks wanted to know where they could buy our record.
It as my first time playing in front of an audience since 1990, and I managed it without a Jameson......

Well, played the show in NOLA Sat night. We had two full band rehearsals (Wed and Thur night) before show on Sat.
Rhythm guitarist few in Wed from California, I drove in week before to rehearse with other guitarist/singer from NOLA.
We used a local bassist and drummer that NOLA guitarist had worked with many times before.
I don't think people quite knew what to expect.....we were a power pop band from 1979 to 1981 that put out an independent EP in 1979,
some unreleased studio work thru 1981.
For a bunch of old guys (youngest was the drummer/bass player at 63) and oldest was lead singer/guitarist at 68, I think we killed it!!
We hired someone to do video, so guess we'll find out shortly.
We played after a band, had about 15 min to set up/tear down after playing. Didn't have much time to talk to audience, but everyone I spoke with was very positive about our show.
A couple folks wanted to know where they could buy our record.
It as my first time playing in front of an audience since 1990, and I managed it without a Jameson......
Awesome! Would love to see/hear the show!

Back