When are you playing next?

I forgot to mention.....I used my PRS SE Custom 24 (with Seth Lover pickups).
I wanted something I could have both humbucking and single coil options.
Had a couple folks ask what that beautiful guitar was that I was playing.

Well, played the show in NOLA Sat night. We had two full band rehearsals (Wed and Thur night) before show on Sat.
Rhythm guitarist few in Wed from California, I drove in week before to rehearse with other guitarist/singer from NOLA.
We used a local bassist and drummer that NOLA guitarist had worked with many times before.
I don't think people quite knew what to expect.....we were a power pop band from 1979 to 1981 that put out an independent EP in 1979,
some unreleased studio work thru 1981.
For a bunch of old guys (youngest was the drummer/bass player at 63) and oldest was lead singer/guitarist at 68, I think we killed it!!
We hired someone to do video, so guess we'll find out shortly.
We played after a band, had about 15 min to set up/tear down after playing. Didn't have much time to talk to audience, but everyone I spoke with was very positive about our show.
A couple folks wanted to know where they could buy our record.
It as my first time playing in front of an audience since 1990, and I managed it without a Jameson......
Looking forward to some clips from the video! Impressive that you did not have Jameson in the crew for the show!! Congrats on keeping the ball rolling and hope it continues to bounce for you!!!

For you DMV people, I’m playing with Clarence “the bluesman” Turner December 30th at the Westminster Presbyterian Church at 400 I St., SW in Washington, DC, from 6 until………It’s next to the Arena Stage. It’s free to give people good holiday blues. We’re billing it as Clarence’ birthday party. Come say hello if you go. I’ll be easy to find. Just look for the grinning idiot playing a blue PRS Triple Soapbar. Clarence will be playing a remarkable Orange SE Singlecut, the nicest one I ever played, and I’ve played a bunch. Our style is Anacostia Delta blues. We will burn……

I'll tell you what she actually said...

"Why don't you ever play pretty like that?"

o_Oo_O My answer, "you know what I was when you married me!"

:p:p:p
My wife swears that she had no idea that I was in a band when we first met. When I kept inviting her to crappy bars on the weekend she just thought I had bad taste in date venues. Didn’t want to spring the guitar thing on her…wanted her to like me for me. Turned out, she hated live music (didn’t sound like the originals) but I wanted her to see us live. When I did tell her the places we played, and the music we played, at first she said, “eww”. Then I named some music she liked and she was less grossed out. She married me anyway. Unless we were playing 80s dance music, she wasn’t interested. I married her anyway.

My wife swears that she had no idea that I was in a band when we first met. When I kept inviting her to crappy bars on the weekend she just thought I had bad taste in date venues. Didn’t want to spring the guitar thing on her…wanted her to like me for me. Turned out, she hated live music (didn’t sound like the originals) but I wanted her to see us live. When I did tell her the places we played, and the music we played, at first she said, “eww”. Then I named some music she liked and she was less grossed out. She married me anyway. Unless we were playing 80s dance music, she wasn’t interested. I married her anyway.

Classic!

When I was dating my wife, I remember multiple attempts to impress her or show off, were just basically ignored or completely missed. Her and a friend came up to watch us play basketball one night. I'd make a move, score, look over to see if she saw it and she'd be looking at and talking to her friend. Happened over and over... At the end of the night, I said "did you see me score one time tonight? Every time I'd score I'd look over and you weren't even watching." "Yeah, I saw you score a couple times." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We were at a party outside one night and one of my friends was playing his acoustic guitar and had a big crowd around him. We watched for a while, and he was ready for a break/beer, and came over to me and told me to play something til he got back and handed me his guitar. At the request of his brother, I played Eruption. When I got done, I looked around and she was gone... turns out she went to the restroom as soon as he started talking too me, figuring she'd go while he was taking a break, and missed the whole thing. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I gave up trying to impress her after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got cancelled out of the gig on the 30th. A couple of other places have shut down as well. Looks like hard times are back. I just want to see people dance, bob their heads and smile. Omicron rears it’s ugly head.

Just got cancelled out of the gig on the 30th. A couple of other places have shut down as well. Looks like hard times are back. I just want to see people dance, bob their heads and smile. Omicron rears it’s ugly head.
Sung to the tune of Kodachrome by Paul Simon... (And I'm just kidding here...).

When I think back
On all the drugs I took in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of vaccination
Hasn't helped me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Omicron
They give us those nice bright spikeys
They give us the screams of Crikey!
Makes you think all the world's
a crummy day
I got a fake vax passport
I love to take a holiday
So mama please take my Omicron away

Sorry to hear that! I think people are ready to start taking the world back though, so I believe relief is right around the corner!! Put it out there that another gig is going to fall into place!!!

Sung to the tune of Kodachrome by Paul Simon... (And I'm just kidding here...).

When I think back
On all the drugs I took in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of vaccination
Hasn't helped me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Omicron
They give us those nice bright spikeys
They give us the screams of Crikey!
Makes you think all the world's
a crummy day
I got a fake vax passport
I love to take a holiday
So mama please take my Omicron away
LOVE IT! I love parodies and this is a good one ;~))

Last edited:
What a drag. But... hopefully we can get back to some sense of normal soon. This Omicron thing makes me think we're on our way to experiencing yearly shots for it ala flu shots.

Back