What gear or guitar have you been jonesing for lately?

I’m still looking for a specific 2008 McCarty “Ted” single cut, with an artist top, old school birds, 1st run 57/08 pickups and the most angelic tones I’ve ever heard from a 6 string magical instrument. I let it go in an unfortunate moment of GAS, for a Gibson ‘59 Historic that was a great sounding beast in its own way, but after awhile I realized that I had made a monumental mistake in sacrificing the Ted.
I’ve since learned from that experience, and I will continue the hunt for that guitar. Other than that, I’m about to pick up a stunning PRS 30th anniversary Custom 22 WL, that is just a tick below a PS. I expect it this coming Tuesday..this just may fill the void…for now!

I’m still looking for a specific 2008 McCarty “Ted” single cut, with an artist top, old school birds, 1st run 57/08 pickups and the most angelic tones I’ve ever heard from a 6 string magical instrument. I let it go in an unfortunate moment of GAS, for a Gibson ‘59 Historic that was a great sounding beast in its own way, but after awhile I realized that I had made a monumental mistake in sacrificing the Ted.
I’ve since learned from that experience, and I will continue the hunt for that guitar. Other than that, I’m about to pick up a stunning PRS 30th anniversary Custom 22 WL, that is just a tick below a PS. I expect it this coming Tuesday..this just may fill the void…for now!
@bodia had a Ted I regret not buying. It woulda been a huge stretch financially for me at the time even with his more than generous homie-hook-up price, but I still shoulda done it.

Consider some of the SE soapbars: SE Soapbar & Soapbar II, SE One, Korina SE One and SE 245 Soapbar.

Killer guitars, mine certainly is. And to quote @]-[@n$0Ma☩!© regarding his upgraded Korina SE One:
"SE's are amazing guitars right out of the box. If you want to upgrade its parts, you can rest assured that the wood, construction, and fretwork are a solid foundation for a serious instrument; no matter how far you want to take it.

This guitar remains best sounding guitar I own. It is my constant companion and my #1 player."
Thanks but I don't buy used and looks like they don't make them anymore

0370984-body-large.jpg.auto.webp

@bodia had a Ted I regret not buying. It woulda been a huge stretch financially for me at the time even with his more than generous homie-hook-up price, but I still shoulda done it.
You should have said something. We coulda worked out a payment plan. I know you dug that guitar. I kind regret selling it, but I was on my "Purge everything with 4 knobs" kick.

You should have said something. We coulda worked out a payment plan. I know you dug that guitar. I kind regret selling it, but I was on my "Purge everything with 4 knobs" kick.
Ahhh… I know you woulda worked something out for me, but at that time you’d kinda already hooked me up a couple hundred times already. I was beginning to feel like a chump.

A pedalboard for all my pedals. That'd be my 5th, but only because I have pedals that I think should be on a board as opposed to just sitting in a closet....
I have a pedaltrain classic 1 (no case) that I'd sell ya cheap...

There is something magical about those Ted McCarty guitars. I have a single cut that is not a 10 top. I have thought about selling it a few times. Every time I play it I realize there is something special about that run of guitars. It just has something to it that not many or none of my other guitars have. I don't know if it is the first run pickups or a combination of that along with other things that makes it sing like it does. I would say that you may be able to find what you lost in another one and not the exact one you had. I have seen a couple of the artist top single cuts sell over the last year.

I should note that mine is on a stand in my room right now and has been out being played along with my other guitars for the past few months.

Pickups. Guitar kind.

My cu24 57/08 needs new ones as I decided I do not like the stock PUs. I am one of the rare dislikers of the originals. There is something in the mids that does not work for me. I guess it is the AlNiCo 2 magnets. My favourite PUs are all 5's.

Last edited:
Back