What could be in store for next year regarding Silver Sky type guitars?

Isaac cruz

I was wondering, how possible would it be to get a Silver Sky type guitar next year that's more produced for the masses and less based on John Mayer's personal preferences?

My opinion: Fat chance of that any time soon. It's a massive success as-is. If they keep on selling them, I see no reason why they would complicate things with updates or different versions.

New colors is about all I'd expect. Maybe.

Well.. that's not what I really meant. More as in a guitar with specs that would fit the majority instead of a single player.

That's the thing. The specs aren't for me, but they're selling a TON of this model, so I am clearly in the minority here. It is apparently meeting the desires of a big enough portion of the market as-is.

That's the thing. The specs aren't for me, but they're selling a TON of this model, so I am clearly in the minority here. It is apparently meeting the desires of a big enough portion of the market as-is.

I agree. My guess is, as soon as sales slow, we'll see a version with a "normal" PRS spec neck. That's when DTR buys one! Hopefully then an HSS.

I'd almost bet though, that we'll see an SE version before that.

I agree. My guess is, as soon as sales slow, we'll see a version with a "normal" PRS spec neck. That's when DTR buys one! Hopefully then an HSS.

I'd almost bet though, that we'll see an SE version before that.

The lower cost one could be in the "bolt-on" range (with the current CE24) and called the "Bronze Beach"

Back