What are some other guitar forums you visit?

I ended up creating an account on The Gear Forum. I definitely recognize a number of names over there. Seems like a decent place so far. I still see some of the bias and junk from the other place but it is much better.

I ended up creating an account on The Gear Forum. I definitely recognize a number of names over there. Seems like a decent place so far. I still see some of the bias and junk from the other place but it is much better.
This is not the secret place, that guys here go but didn’t want me to know about... is it? Boy, if you just gave that away, you are fixin to get black balled here! o_O

:p:p:p

Here mainly, TGP, Head rush (mostly dead) and Alembic are the forums I usually visit. Its hard to find things that are relate able to keep me coming back. You guys are very entertaining, and occasionally there's an interesting dust up.
If you are looking for some entertaining dust ups, TGP is the place to have your popcorn handy.

If you are looking for some entertaining dust ups, TGP is the place to have your popcorn handy.
Yes, I've bounced in there a few times lately. As long as I stay in "amps for sale" and just quick reviewing updates on the Tonex, it's ok. But boy, if you get far from those threads, it's almost immediate to run into clown posts. It has a very different feel (IMO) than 10-15 years ago. MANY of the pro's who hung out there have left. The worst part to me is the trolls and pretenders. Some of the guys there make all kinds of claims about gear owned, playing, recording and so forth... and then aren't smart enough to know not to post evidence on Instagram that contradicts the stories they've been spinning for years on TGP. I've busted a couple guys for long histories of lying about things they owned, playing skills, and "studios" just buy looking at their Instagram accounts.

Yes, I've bounced in there a few times lately. As long as I stay in "amps for sale" and just quick reviewing updates on the Tonex, it's ok. But boy, if you get far from those threads, it's almost immediate to run into clown posts. It has a very different feel (IMO) than 10-15 years ago. MANY of the pro's who hung out there have left. The worst part to me is the trolls and pretenders. Some of the guys there make all kinds of claims about gear owned, playing, recording and so forth... and then aren't smart enough to know not to post evidence on Instagram that contradicts the stories they've been spinning for years on TGP. I've busted a couple guys for long histories of lying about things they owned, playing skills, and "studios" just buy looking at their Instagram accounts.
I sort of stay in a few areas of the board. I have conditioned myself to just close out of a thread and move on if it starts getting full of BS. I stopped trying to enlighten people on there. It never works. Everyone is an expert, even when they know nothing about what they are talking about. That place helped me get some thicker skin, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I sort of stay in a few areas of the board. I have conditioned myself to just close out of a thread and move on if it starts getting full of BS. I stopped trying to enlighten people on there. It never works. Everyone is an expert, even when they know nothing about what they are talking about. That place helped me get some thicker skin, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I stick to the pub to drop one liners just to keep limber.

Other than that I’m a lurker in the amp forum.

I stay away from “helping” anyone with PRS stuff in guitars because I’ve been challenged and accused too many times by the goobers who still talk about pre factory/pre lawsuit/US hardware/etc. shenanigans.

My favorite was a dude who accused me of not owning all my guitars and just yoinking pics off the web to post.

Back