What are some other guitar forums you visit?

Used to really like the GDP (Gretsch Discussion Page, which morphed into The Gretsch Pages, then collapsed due to database issues never to return). Super nice group of peeps, similar to here. Occaisionally lurk at Gretsch Talk, some of the GDP people are on there, but it's not the same.

I also go to jazzguitar.be occaisionally (which is a bit snobby, but tolerable), and rarely Sax on the Web which I'm pretty sure has the highest a**hole quotient of any place on the interwebs.

Fractal forum and The Gear Forum are the other two that I hit (and these 3 are the only forums I have ever participated in). The Gear Forum was started by some folks who got booted from TGP. What I live over there is, you can cuss, curse, kill, it don't matter. If a thread goes off rails, they have a special section that it gets moved to so folks can duke it out ;~)) Oh, and you can upload your pictures without having to involve a third party ;~)) I actually joined that forum in Jan '23 because they had a "musical challenge" which encouraged folk to try some music creation outside their wheelhouse. It is what spawned my synthesizer stuff I did this summer. Anyway, like anywhere, there are good apples and bad apples, but I am not there for the food so I don't bite!

The Fractal Audio forum is the other regular visit for me. I’ve been going there since I starting using their stuff in 2011. I do stop at TGP a bit, if you count going to the “For Sale” sections as forum use… I rarely ever go to the other forums there.

Two regular forums is about right for me. I like the vibe in the two I frequent (PRS and FAS), and that’s plenty.

I do other forums. But it seems just like in high school Im always in trouble. That tele one wouldnt even let me join. I guess my reputation preceeded me.
Strat talk really hates other guitars. You post about other stuff at your own risk.
Of course getting banned has its upsides, you get more time to actually play guitar.

None really. Tired of being bashed because I chose quality over the "Well everyone else plays them!!
This has been a theme the past couple of weeks on the forums I frequent. I have had to tell a few people that I don't care what they think about what I choose to spend my money on and use for equipment. That is the great thing about the world we live in. We can all buy and use whatever we want to spend our money on and don't need anyone else's permission to do it.

Back