What are some other guitar forums you visit?

Here regularly. TGP pretty frequently, though I don’t as post much there. I lurk at the tele forum. I frequented the acoustic guitar forum when I was looking for one. Now that I have mine, I don’t stop by very often. Specific searches have taken me elsewhere on occasion. The Mesa forum seemed to have foot or two in the grave by the time I found it. Some good info, but old posts.

This is the only one.
I like it here so I behave myself.
Sort of.
:rolleyes:

I used to be a member of The Tone Rooms forum but I got a lifetime ban on my IP address.
One of the forum owners announced in a post that he was above the rules of the forum,
rules he had established when the forum was created.
I called him on it and he banned me.

I also got a lifetime ban from the Gibson guitars forum.
The last straw for them was my pancake flipper remark...

Gibson Holy Explorer: Compare Prices, Read Reviews & Buy | WhatGear™

I follow strat, tele, and PRS groups on Facebook. The Strat group has become a cluster over the Bruno mars strat. I don’t get why they are so upset. Nowhere on the guitar does it say Bruno mars. So what’s the big deal? I’m about to unfollow the group because of the snobs.

Other than here, the Les Paul Forum. Lot's of good, helpful people there and yes, they often have high praise for PRS.

Only problem is: I didn't go there for a very long time (no reason in particular) and found I couldn't remember my password. I wrote to them about 3 times asking for help and have yet to hear back from them.

Here's what happens. I'll log in with my user name and for my password I'll select "Forgot Password." A little quiz always pops up like "identify the squares with a bike in them." I do then get a message saying "a password reset has been sent to your email." I've never received that email from them. My email address is correct as well. That's when I wrote to them in "Contact Us."

No reply. What gives?

Other than here, the Les Paul Forum. Lot's of good, helpful people there and yes, they often have high praise for PRS.

Only problem is: I didn't go there for a very long time (no reason in particular) and found I couldn't remember my password. I wrote to them about 3 times asking for help and have yet to hear back from them.

Here's what happens. I'll log in with my user name and for my password I'll select "Forgot Password." A little quiz always pops up like "identify the squares with a bike in them." I do then get a message saying "a password reset has been sent to your email." I've never received that email from them. My email address is correct as well. That's when I wrote to them in "Contact Us."

No reply. What gives?
Have you checked your "spam" email folder? Their messages may be getting routed into that folder.

Have you checked your "spam" email folder? Their messages may be getting routed into that folder.
Never thought of that! I looked and offhand I couldn't find anything from them.

I searched in Spam for Les Paul Forum and nothing showed up unless they return and email under a differant name.

So I'll probably try again and keep an eye out for it in the Spam folder.

Thanks for the tip!

No reply. What gives?
Someone here outed you!

(Wasn't me)

My first guitar forum was the old Unofficial PRS Forum. I was a moderator there, as well. That morphed into Birds & Moons (again, a mod there) and spun off TGP (gee, I might have been a moderator there, as well...)

Apparently some idiots think I have a calm demeanor, and that I excel in "herding cats"...

I also used to visit the Acoustic Guitar Forum, the Taylor Forum, the Telecaster Forum on a regular basis...

I also occasionally stopped in on the Martin Guitar Forum and the Les Paul Forum, but not very regularly...

This forum is the only one I post pretty frequently. I view TGP daily but post very little; it used to be a decent forum before the Harmony Central mob came over and trashed it to the current state. It's a Tweeter of guitar forums, nothing else. I used to be frequent on Strat Talk. I like Fenders, I still visit daily, but I am not participating. Fun fact: no one hates Fender more than Strat Talk; go figure. Just see any new product announcements thread; it is comical. I like UK Fretboard. It's a great bunch of people, but again, I'm inactive. I used to be frequent on Ampgarage and SLOclone back in my DIY days.

I hit up TGP mostly for amp related reading. I love amps and it’s one of the few spots with wide range of amp talk. Don’t post a ton though.

Otherwise, the Acoustic Guitar forum and the Larrivee forums where I don’t post much.

I loved BaM back in the day and around that time I was on Rigtalk a bunch.

Back