uh, oh. played an Archon today...

watelessness

i just went into the store for a capo. sigh. the next batch of Archon's had arrived. sigh. played one for about an hour. wow. it is very articulate and very powerful. seriously? a PRS amp with prescence and depth knobs? sigh

Parkway has one?

well, they had two when i left yesterday but one was already on hold. i left with only the capo...and the puzzle of which was easier, bringing home the Archon to compare to my others or bringing in the others to compare to the Archon...

well, they had two when i left yesterday but one was already on hold. i left with only the capo...and the puzzle of which was easier, bringing home the Archon to compare to my others or bringing in the others to compare to the Archon...

You realize that it's a losing battle, either way, right?

Sounds to me like you'll be adding one to your stable - you've got a bunch of cool ones!

OK.....urge won and went to Parkway Music in Clifton Park. Brought my Mira with me with a Dragon pup in the bridge. Spent a half hour with it noodling and turning knobs and falling more and more in love. This amp is phenominal! I was getting Marshall to Bogner to almost mesa and then clean with pups tapped.....was drooling. So my Mira is still there....I left it with them so they can take the Dragon out of bridge and put original back in her then we are going to start discussions after I go back down with one of my Tremontis and check it again. Going to trade in the Mira towards the Archon. Even if I don't end up with this one, I am getting one!

Im sure you are south89...the articulation of the Archon was mind blowing! slight adjustments and the amp dialed in sweet tones and I was playing dry straight in. Bravo PRS, you have raised the bar again! I can't wait to get one!

OK.....urge won and went to Parkway Music in Clifton Park. Brought my Mira with me with a Dragon pup in the bridge. Spent a half hour with it noodling and turning knobs and falling more and more in love. This amp is phenominal! I was getting Marshall to Bogner to almost mesa and then clean with pups tapped.....was drooling. So my Mira is still there....I left it with them so they can take the Dragon out of bridge and put original back in her then we are going to start discussions after I go back down with one of my Tremontis and check it again. Going to trade in the Mira towards the Archon. Even if I don't end up with this one, I am getting one!

hahahahahah. Love it, man! I played through that Z cabinet yesterday. Quite a wonderful match. You should probably take that home too. :laugh:

lmao!!! It is a good match! Sounded amazing! I think they know when you or I walk in, got to the counter and was asked, your here to see the Archon aren't you Mike...

Dude....I know sigh if I didn't just go thru a huge repair on my F150 I would have bought it last night.......soon

dude. my father used to say "if wishes were horses then beggars would ride". you need to do whatever it takes to get that amp. you go get a second job delivering newspapers or digging ditches. you find a way. you dont settle for mediocrity.
:top:

Dude....I know sigh if I didn't just go thru a huge repair on my F150 I would have bought it last night.......soon

As an aside, my partner and I do the music for the F150 "rant" ads with Dennis Leary. So that truck is pretty important to me! ;)

That amp looks awesome!

As an aside, my partner and I do the music for the F150 "rant" ads with Dennis Leary. So that truck is pretty important to me! ;)

That amp looks awesome!

That's awesome man! Love my F150 and those commercials!! Just had some repairs and spring tuneup, ended up over a grand , so that dipped into the Archon fund. This weekend maybe if we can work out a good deal :)

Back