Tremonti custom SE

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
I picked up a used mark tremonti custom se yesterday and i am really surprised on how good it sounds and plays. It looks pretty amazing too. The neck on it is so comfortable. I have never played any of the se models before , so far I'm pretty impressed. seems like its going go to be a great guitar.

It's great to find a guitar you really love! Enjoy that thing.

And of course, now we need to see pics. ;)

I picked up one very similar. Beautiful guitar and sounds nice, but a little heavy for me. Going to send it back and get a new SE Custom 22.

Yes, it is. A good strap is necessary, with lots of padding. I had the nut replaced with a PRS USA nut. I`ll continue to preach that as a very important upgrade that needs to be done by a good luthier.

Yes, it is. A good strap is necessary, with lots of padding. I had the nut replaced with a PRS USA nut. I`ll continue to preach that as a very important upgrade that needs to be done by a good luthier.

My 71 les Paul deluxe is just a little heavier than the tremonti so at least it's something in used to to.
I will be doing that within the next couple weeks.

So far I really like it , I just need to get the nut filed to put heavier strings on.

Filing the nut does help. I did that, and it made it more playable. But, I had to replace the nut to completely correct the problem. I replaced it with a Tusq nut (PT664300), and was amazed at the difference it made. I was becoming very frustrated with the guitar constantly going out of tune. But, the new nut fixed that. Just a suggestion. And, only cost $10!

That IS a great looking guitar. Congratulations. Enjoy the heck out of it!!

Kevin

Congrats man! I have one as well (household CFO bought it for me new for my birthday a few years back) in the charcoal finish. I dropped a pair of Tremonti pickups in it and was my #1 for quite some time. Such a beast!

I had a large gear purge last year to fund another PRS and this was a guitar that I didn't even consider moving along. The tone, the playability, the feel....I just couldn't bring myself to part with it. It is in active rotation now with a '91 CU24 and an early to mid 2000's SE Singlecut with Dragon IIs.

Enjoy that great guitar!

I just picked up an SE Tremonti Custom this week.
Already I can tell its going to be one that I play a lot!
Enjoy yours!

Very cool guitar and they play so well.
it is a bit on the heavy side
Play a 2001 SC for a day or two and you'll know what heavy feels like, mine makes my LP feel like a feather. (a weighty feather I have to admit)

Back