Tremolo Bar Question

Yzerman

Hi Guys,

I just got my CE22 and i noticed that the bar wiggles in the slot with the plastic retainer. Would the tremolo upgrade kit fix this with a new retainer? The bar has some scoring but overall it looks ok.

Thanks

yes, but i remember from another PRS i had that the bar should fit snug in the retainer before tightning the screw. Seems like the retainer is worn out.

Yeah, a new bushing should fix it. John Mann's Guitar Vault has them at a great price and he's super helpful with any questions about PRS bridges.

I ordered a kit from my PRS dealer, does anyone have a link explaining how to replace the bushing?

Isn't the trend these days to remove the bushing? Or am I thinking of something else?

Hmmm....

Brazilian rosewood is supposed to be the holy grail, but Brazilian bush is an oxymoron if I'm sensing the correct thread drift.

Reactions: DHW
Hmmm....

Brazilian rosewood is supposed to be the holy grail, but Brazilian bush is an oxymoron if I'm sensing the correct thread drift.

Everybody thinks that's a kind of lumber when in fact it's a grammatically incorrect sentence.

Back