Trem and down tuning

You only care about tuning if the listeners are sober? :rolleyes:

Lol. Actually when the FOH volume and stage volume reaches a certain level it's hard to tell if you are in tune or not. We did a run with Kamelot and the stage volumes were so loud I played entire shows where I could have sworn my guitar was out of tune the whole time. They never were, and I was constantly switching my guitars out to have them retuned, but they were fine. Same thing when we played with Anvil. Stage volume mixed with the bounce-back from FOH was so loud my guitars sounded out of tune. Sound pressure levels do interesting things. When playing in those types of venues with SPLs pushing so hard that your jeans are blowing from the monitors and side fills most people aren't gonna notice if your guitar is slightly out of tune - especially when you think it's out for a full 40-minute set. It might be different in other situations. I only know my experiences.

But, actually my "theme" was I like recording in dropped D with Gretsch style guitars.....

You said it yourself. Get another stoptail PRS. An SE single cut will do it for 2 tunes, nicely. Just get a new nut.

Last edited:
Yep, gotta have that fixed bridge guitar, as well as the vibrato. Think of it as the back up guitar for gigs. You can keep it in Drop D AND look totally cool for having two PRS guitars on stage. People will think you are a doctor AND a lawyer!

Back