Travis and the Musical Theme Of The Day

LOL, I had to save the picture to my PC and then open it in photo editor and enlarge it.

The best Stryper I've ever heard, was when Guardian did a Stryper cover album. Guardian did all Stryper tunes and Guardian DOES KICK BEHIND! They are one of my favorite Christian Rock groups. They are (were) the real deal. If they sang about drugs and women instead of their chosen subject material, they would have been as big as any of those 80s bands.

So if Guardian did a Winger cover tune, it might go something like this....

"She's only 17. Seventeen. So I can't date her, til she's twenty three, TWENTY THREE"

"She's only 17, she ain't seen nothin, ain't seen nothing like I'm going to be once I get married."

Just doesn't quite flow the same...

Didn’t know Sergio was “that” anti-Winger though.

I'm anti a lot of things. As a Gen Xer, old punk, hipster, and Chicagoland suburbanite, not liking things or following trends is ingrained in me and how I forge my unique individuality, which is in fact a trend and makes me relatable to certain a group of people who share similar traits of individuality.

That's cool. I was just making a joke about you resisting going with Bodia in spandex and wrestling shoes! :)

Yeah, he didn't really mention spandex, I woulda considered it if he did. Wrestling shoes is just kinda a given with that dude though. :p

Ah, figures... you know the ole' "story gets better every time it's told" thing.... yeah, adding spandex makes any story better! Heck, my wife is afraid to even wear the stuff around me anymore!

I'm on the Winger bandwagon. They had some good material. Reb Beach is a monster player. The first time I saw Kip Winger, he was the bass player in Alice Cooper's band.

Travis here...

This playlist was democratically scrawled on the paper that covers my workbench. The process of compiling and executing the list was wildly more popular / entertaining than anticipated. I thought I'd end up with 10 maybe 15 songs, ended up with over 150. Next week will likely be 90s, but there have been tons of good future themes brainstormed already (supergroups, power trios, Motown, genres, eras etc.). 80s day will probably recur monthly in a more refined format, broken into glam/hair, pop/dance segments. We will vote on Mondays and Tuesdays and I'll take some feedback from the forum too (Winger will be included next time, a near-fatal omission).

What did we learn?
The J. Geils Band "Centerfold" can go. (I'll try "Freeze Frame" instead)
The Outfields "Your Love" is absolutely critical.

For those who've asked, or strained their eyes in silence. I'll try to get some better pictures of the 80's list posted.
No worries, I could see it. And thanks for popping in, and telling us the process. Very cool!

For J. Geils Band, you might also try something from their pre-eMpTyV days, or "Land of a Thousand Dances" or "Whammer Jammer", or my favourite deep cut, "Flamethrower". But I realize I don't get a vote, since I don't have to listen to it, so it's just food for thought.

Back