Tony McManus - Mysterious Boundaries

Hopeful Sinner

Angry Southern Gentleman
So after hearing Paul rave about it in an interview I bought the new Tony McManus album Mysterious Boundaries and it is spectacular!

I am really digging "Chaconne" and "Gnossienne". His versions of both are just on another level good!!!

The man is an absolute master of the acoustic guitar.

Y'all should check it out for sure, does not disappoint...

I was really moved when he played Chaconne at a PRS clinic and bought it then. It is fantastic, everything from the tone to nuances in his playing.

Tony was at the Woodstock guitar show this past weekend. On Friday night (which is the "luthiers' dinner" and pre-show, not open to the public) he was there and spent quite a bit of time playing a couple of Ken Parker archtops, one of which was mine. What a treat that was!

Over the course of the weekend, he appeared to visit pretty much every builder's table, play the guitar(s), and offer feedback. Huge props to him for doing that. Just a top-shelf person, as well as a terrific musician.

That he chooses to play PRS acoustics says a lot for their quality and musicality.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with this album regardless of your particular musical taste. It is an outstanding piece of work all the way around...

Yep - gotta grab this.

Tony's a very cool guy. A couple Experiences ago, he talked about the Chaconne in the main tent. Later in an acoustic demo, a woman asked him if he could play it. He said he didn't have the whole thing memorized or down yet, but he could play the beginning if we liked. Naturally, no one objected. He played a Dm chord that just rang out and he let it sustain for about 10 seconds, then said, "So, that's how it begins..."

Back