New 245 DC Ted Day - Bob Ross inspired

Ironwolf

I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!
Bought myself a Christmas present, as Bob Ross would say it was a "happy little accident".
While I was researching to upgrade my DGT to a PAF more to my liking. I was digging around reverb considering 57/08's. I tripped across a TED, 245 double cut 2009, I really couldn't believe how it checked every box for me, I put it on my watchlist. I cannot buy a guitar without jumbo frets, check. I wanted the single coil split, check, I wanted 7.5 pounds check. The nitro finish was a massive bonus, and I thought the 5708's would be great.

Then I started working on installing the bareknuckle mule PAF's in the DGT.
I can't say how much I like those pickups while the DGTs are very good, the mules completely knock a grand slam homerun for me, the alnico IV magnets produce a tightness and a crispness with PAF honkiness, and med low wind that just blows me away. DGT is now spectacular.

However the day before the bareknuckle mules arrived I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Ted.
Because I was remembering how much I loved my 2009 Mira core with the mann made upgraded wraparound stop tail, that one moved on because of the too thin neck. I just really liked the smooth rubbery playability, and huge sustain of the stop tail. Since it was 10 years old and $2000 I was a little bit worried about what kind of shape it was in.
But it is in spectacular shape I can't see that anyone has played it in 10 years, I had to loosen the truss rod,
and I knew that I wanted the mann made bridge I purchased that before the guitar even arrived.
After playing for about a week, I also bought another set of bareknuckle mules and installed, because the 57/08s, although were pretty good on the top 4 strings, the low E and low A were very mushy loose too loose, especailly compare to the now specatacular DGT.
In went the uncovered bareknuckle mules and the mannmade bridge, wow wow wow wow:eek::D:cool::)
I cannot rave enough about the man-made bridge, it is so superior to the aluminum one piece, immediate improvement note to note clarity, and 30% more sustain, the guitar strings will just not stop. The best sustaining guitar I've ever played 7.4 lbs vibrates like an engine. It's like a drug with my hands on the grease gun ahh, it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my guitar. (queen reference). It's impressive how the same pickups sound quite reasonably different in the 2 guitars. The tremolo on the DGT imparts a definite metallic reverb to the attack brighter slightly and 25 inch scale.
The short scale of the Ted and the stop tail and sustain create a very different while similar tone. What a happy little accident.
onso5iU.jpg

subtle flamey
KWpJkoF.jpg

The red mahogany back contrasts with the yellow amazing
QgBf4PL.jpg

Jyn3tFC.jpg

no flash
XvCNksD.jpg

flashs
4KPuSHg.jpg

I took 57/08's out of my hollowbody II for a set of covered mules. Best guitar mod I've made my entire life.

Congrats on the new axe, and updated DGT.
Sounds like fun times at your house this week !

Teds rule! That’s a hot one. I love those age rings where your arm would rest. Looks awesome! Plus, it’s got the right headstock! :p

I really like the way that guitar looks.
It has been used to bring music to the people
and that is a very good thing indeed.
Congratulations.
Enjoy it.
:)

Congrats! Very nice. Love the nitro finish and that one is the right weight.

Teds rule! That’s a hot one. I love those age rings where your arm would rest. Looks awesome! Plus, it’s got the right headstock! :p
yes I love the hidden mineral streaks, I would like those to be even more prominent, they are subtle but do communicate the high quality wood selection of PRS, just a gorgeous piece of maple.

It's also my 1st 24.5 inch scale, I put 10 gauge on it, it's such an inviting guitar to pick up and play, it's so instantly accessible soft or gentle. Having a guitar around 7 pounds you don't mind picking it up.
So simple, so effortless to fret the notes, so dynamically responsive. It just feels friendly, I also recently bought custom shop 63 telecaster with ultrathin reliced Nitro,.. It's extremely noticeable to me the wood communicates with the strings wayyyyyy better than polyurethane, extremely nice picking dynamics and tone. Nitro rules!! Short scale rules. :cool:

yes I love the hidden mineral streaks, I would like those to be even more prominent, they are subtle but do communicate the high quality wood selection of PRS, just a gorgeous piece of maple.

It's also my 1st 24.5 inch scale, I put 10 gauge on it, it's such an inviting guitar to pick up and play, it's so instantly accessible soft or gentle. Having a guitar around 7 pounds you don't mind picking it up.
So simple, so effortless to fret the notes, so dynamically responsive. It just feels friendly, I also recently bought custom shop 63 telecaster with ultrathin reliced Nitro,.. It's extremely noticeable to me the wood communicates with the strings wayyyyyy better than polyurethane, extremely nice picking dynamics and tone. Nitro rules!! Short scale rules. :cool:
So.......you’re sayin’ you like it? :p

Back