Time for a little BUZZ!

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
We need some buzz! This thread is in the General Discussions area for more visibility...

IMG_0956_zpsf830736e.jpg

The current Forum Guitar is a GOOD thing. Sergio's idea is a healing shot in the arm for the forum. Read about the genesis here:

The-New-Forum-Guitar-idea-too-soon?

There is a thread about possible mods for the guitar:

The-Mod-Plan-The-New-Forum-Guitar

And a thread about it's travels:

The-New-Forum-Guitar-travel-thread

But we need more people to get their hands on this thing, play it, sign it and slap a sticker on the case. As you might suspect, there is a signup thread for this:

The-New-Forum-Guitar-Travel-Itinerary

And that's where YOU come in fellow forum member. Have you signed up to participate in this cool endeavor with your forum brothers and sisters? Why the H*ll not?

I say this in the most loving, brotherhoodly way I can... Get off your butt and sign up to help make this thing happen! Sign up now so JutRob can make more efficient routing of the guitar. Don't you want to play this thing? It's a Korina beauty and it's only going to get better after Chris gets a hold of it. Don't miss out and wish you did. Step up my brothers and sisters!

Your only obligation is to sign, sticker and ship. I'm shipping it to Chris early next week, so I can get you an estimate on some shipping costs in a few days.

Bill (shaking the bushes)

EDIT: The traveling Forum Guitar is an SE Korina SC. You worried about Korina not having tone or enough bite to get the job done? Fear no more and have a peep at this PRS Korina tearing it up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add to what Bill says. It was a really great time meeting Bill and Peter. Peter really went out of his way to be a part of it, and Bill was a most gracious host. Until that night I had only heard about and drooled over pics of BRW necks. I had never held one. I never played a McCarty. He was kind enough to remedy all of that. Not only did he add to my GAS, he helped me focus it. And beyond that we talked for some time. No Forum rules, and no hoping your typed message is not misunderstood. Just some wonderful conversation.

Thanks again to Brian for providing the guitar, and thanks to Sergio for a great idea. I can attest that in my case your vision was realized. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much.

I am so psyched that the guitar is starting to make it's way around to members already!

To anybody who is on the fence about joining up, please be aware that you don't have to mod the guitar with anything but your signature!

Here is your shipping update. Cost-wise, it should not be a terrible commitment. Especially if a couple or more guys in an area get together as we did in Maryland for a signing party, then the cost to ship to the next destination can be shared , if need be.

To go from here in Carroll County, MD to Chris in Nashvegas via FedEx Ground, it was just $25 - that include bumping the insurance from $100 to $500.

fg18.jpg

Last edited:
Back