Throwback Thursday!

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
AA50A895-C931-41C6-A148-AE6AEA1698A4_zpseya0s9rd.jpg
At mom's for Christmas Eve and figured this might be fun. Pre PRS days 1995...18 years old...with hair! Post em up!

1973, and my 16th birthday.
That is a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe with the small hum buckers.
Brand new for $600 at Seattle Music.
Guitar Center back then did not carry legit Gibson cases, so we went to Seattle Music which is no longer around.

bday_1973.jpg

Good lord, here goes...

Pre-PRS. Post-perm. Pre-gut.

About 1983/84, so 19 or 20 years old. Aria V, Hondo II LP copy in the back.

The song is Ted Nugent's "Paralyzed". Yeah, I know which song it is.

wimage12.jpg

fa_zpshnhckbin.jpg

almost 10 years ago
forgot all about the jackson guitar in the back. really regret selling that guitar
but still, this eclipse is the pride and joy of the entire collection.

In East Lansing at Michigan State picking up this girl I liked on the way to a gig, which was in Ann Arbor...1968!

Yeah, I drove from Ann Arbor 90 minutes each way to have this girl come to a show. 5 years later I married her. ;)

2006ish Bristol va, crazy night. U-haul almost jackknifed, folks sitting on my wah pedal, oh boy. Still don't miss that LP

In East Lansing at Michigan State picking up this girl I liked on the way to a gig, which was in Ann Arbor...1968!

Yeah, I drove from Ann Arbor 90 minutes each way to have this girl come to a show. 5 years later I married her. ;)
And she's still puttin' up with you, huh? That's a good woman.:p

Is this from your "working undercover in the Middle East" period? Maybe it's just the dark hair that's throwing me!

And she's still puttin' up with you, huh? That's a good woman.:p

I'd say she's still "tolerating" me. But yeah, she's a good woman and she still has the looks! However, she stopped going to my gigs by about 1969. LOL

Is this from your "working undercover in the Middle East" period? Maybe it's just the dark hair that's throwing me!

Yeah, the hair, and I had a suntan from spring break in Florida.

Unfortunately the college guy version of me was a whole lot spiffier than the old man version of me that you met this year.

I commend all for the willingness and fearlessness to display and share their misty memories of past hair styles and super-shredder poses. (Nice 15th fret power chord, vchizzle!!!)
Great pics!!!...........................thank god I didn't save any of me with blue hair.

200204_1642907517506_7914525_n.jpg

1990-ish. I was 40. After playing plenty of parties and such, this was actually the first time I ever got paid to play! Me on left playing purple McTrem, my partner playing a SCT.

As we drove up I asked if our name would be in lights. The drummer replied, only if we call ourselves 'Live Band'...

It was sort of a Blues Brothers in the Country & Western bar type of evening... but we played two nights and there were lots of beers on my amp both nights, so we must not have been all that bad!

"Memories..." Some great stuff here!
Found a couple from back in my gigging days, sometime before my severe bass burnout...

Some Halloween party...
BD%252520red01.jpg

Recording in a tiny studio....
bd%252520recording.JPG

Good times!

I've looked and looked. I have no pictures that are over 10 years old, of me playing guitar. I doubt anyone wants to see one of me playing basketball. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back