Thinking of selling an ‘86 or two…

TMeury

Ah jeez.
Friends,

Ive got a few early PRSi that I’ve owned for a bit and am contemplating letting one or two go.

I plan to keep at least one to pass down to my son. With the current market and in your opinion, which makes sense to hold on to?

85/86 Seafoam
86 Magenta Pearl
86 Banana Yellow

OR does it not make sense now and I should hold them all.

Friends,

Ive got a few early PRSi that I’ve owned for a bit and am contemplating letting one or two go.

I plan to keep at least one to pass down to my son. With the current market and in your opinion, which makes sense to hold on to?

85/86 Seafoam
86 Magenta Pearl
86 Banana Yellow

OR does it not make sense now and I should hold them all.
I’m not an expert in the early stuff at all, but I can tell you that the used market is as high as I’ve ever seen it right now. Not all of the guitars are selling, because the asking prices are often just silliness, but the average sold price on models is higher than normal by a decent margin. Anything I was looking to unload would be on a sale site now.

An early PRS would be great to have, but I’m certain they’re out of my range right now. I’ll be following your thread to see what the value might be!

If I were selling a PRS, I'd follow Hans tips. I'd mention here, that soon it was going to be listed at a major gear site. If any interested party contacted me to buy it before it ever got listed, in order to save some fees for both of us, well I'd just consider that a stroke of incredibly good luck. :D

If I were selling a PRS, I'd follow Hans tips. I'd mention here, that soon it was going to be listed at a major gear site. If any interested party contacted me to buy it before it ever got listed, in order to save some fees for both of us, well I'd just consider that a stroke of incredibly good luck. :D

I mean...if someone was hypothetically interested, there is a message option here. ;)

I think it’s time to sell. Too bad there isn’t a “sales thread” available here. :rolleyes:

Oh wait................:p

I mean...if someone was hypothetically interested, there is a message option here. ;)

Gee. Y didn’t I think of that? :rolleyes:

Gee. Y didn’t I think of that? :rolleyes:

I just mentioned Hans because he started a thread about it and he used to be a mod so he has supernatural powers, beyond that of mere men. Or, at least more than me.

I do bring it up every time I see someone ask though, so that those who don't hang here all the time know that we are a "sale friendly" group. ;)

One could wonder if there would be merit to a "dibs" thread. A thread where we can do anything from a "If you want to sell it, I'll buy it" to a "please let me know first and if I'm able I'll buy it, I will" type of thing.

There's very little here that I'd call "dibs" on because I don't always have several thousand dollars of "don't need to discuss it with the wife" funds available. But I'd call dibs on Peter's MDT because I'd find a way to get the cash. And there are way too many guitars here I'd like to call dibs on, but the wife is already on me to sell some. And if the SS "does" work out, then all I could ever want beyond that is a McCarty 594. And a Hollowbody. And a Louis Electric Cobra. And a Bigmouth 2x12 (I'll trade my pine...) See how I slipped that in there, kind of in a "this is not a sale thread" kind of way? :cool:

The market is weird right now.

Yeah, we keep talking about prices of used gear. I sold a Mini Recto a couple years go for $675 shippped. I paid $900 NEW at a dealer. I saw one listed for $1199 yesterday... USED! WTFLYINCRAP! MarkV 25s? I paid $1299, sold for $975. Haven't seen a used one listed under $1100 in months. Several OVER $1300. I know Mesa raised the prices a year or so after I had bought both, but only $100 then. Unless they've raised them again (I really should look just so I can quit calling sellers funny names when I see their sale threads :p) then people are trying to sell used gear for more than they paid for it new.

If that's the market, I'm not in it, as a buyer anyway. I'm not paying more for a 5 year old used amp, than I paid for the same thing brand new from dealer. I sold it once, I don't need it. :)

The market is weird right now to put it nicely. I'm a name caller too when I see ads. Lol

There are still some good ones out there. A guitars I picked up recently the guy basically let me name my price because I was not another douche buyer. It's a two way street of craziness out there. Good luck selling!

The market is weird right now to put it nicely. I'm a name caller too when I see ads. Lol

There are still some good ones out there. A guitars I picked up recently the guy basically let me name my price because I was not another douche buyer. It's a two way street of craziness out there. Good luck selling!

If I have to be completely honest here, sometimes I use the less PC version of "maroon" as well as some colorful descriptors like "delusional" or "whacknut." These are not trademarked, so feel free to use them if needed.

Back