The Flatt Run

IKnowALittle

Since our band disbanded about two months ago, I've been going out once a week to listen to other bands and drink copious amounts of beer.
Saw a band tonite that was new to me, really good and the guitarist was awesome.
He played a Parker ... pretty Fly.
Who knew they could sound so good.

Been listen' to a lot of music also.
It's unbelievable how many variations of the Lester Flatt "G" run that you hear. They are distorted, flanged, fuzzed, extended, whatever, but that is the root.
In every genre.
And he did it in 1953 ... props to Lester.

Need to stop now or I will start to wax poetic about George Shuffler and Blind Lemon.
It's unfortunate that as time passes we forget and trivialize the contributions of those that came before us and enabled what we know and can do today.

Last edited:
But it's a good thing when someone reminds us! :top:

Thx man. I always feel like the contrarian old guy. I'm 45, I don't know why I identify with all this old stuff, touches my soul ... and this just scratches the surface.
Not going to go into it any further, but it's nice to know that at least one person "get's it".
It isn't easy, always in with the new, out with the old. That's how every species survives. But we have intelligence and can recognize and honor those that came before us, enabled our standard of living
and enjoyment of life, if we try.

Last edited:
Never heard of that run before as I don't play country or bluegrass. Just learned it though. Thanks! It's a cool little run.

:top:
ref=as_li_ss_tl
:cheers:

Back