The day someone buys your winged tuners...

What’s the deal with these? Anyone know? Is this a revision of the original phase 1s or something? That round back threw me for a loop.
I am pretty sure that they changed vendors at some point. The backs of the tuners on my '97 Santana I has the round backs. My '91 Standard 24 does not.

Those are the final version of wings made by Gotoh. There has been at least three different manufacturers.

I am pretty sure that they changed vendors at some point. The backs of the tuners on my '97 Santana I has the round backs. My '91 Standard 24 does not.

Close enough for a jinx?

@Woggers If you must have a set of wings now, and can’t wait for some to pop up used, call John Mann at John Mann’s Guitar Vault.

Not email, not ordering off the website if they’re out of stock, call him, like on a rotary phone and see if he has some.

@Woggers If you must have a set of wings now, and can’t wait for some to pop up used, call John Mann at John Mann’s Guitar Vault.

Not email, not ordering off the website if they’re out of stock, call him, like on a rotary phone and see if he has some.
Thanks man, I’ll give it the old college try.

I’m so glad I kept a rotary phone. I just might need to call John.

They’ll still be a couple hundred bucks, but at least they’re new and you’re not paying someone “collector” money.

I believe the winged cams he makes are also milled and not cast like the old ones may have been.
Success. Very nice folks over there.
You figure out which hot tub you’re gonna buy?

That’s why I suggest calling on the phone. John and Roxanne have like, three different businesses so I think their attention is divided occasionally, and calling can sometimes help get you to the front of the line.
Yeah, that was definitely worth a quick rotary turn. They didn’t have the ones I was looking for in stock, but he’s actually gonna build me some new ones out of parts he has laying around. Way cool.

Yeah, that was definitely worth a quick rotary turn. They didn’t have the ones I was looking for in stock, but he’s actually gonna build me some new ones out of parts he has laying around. Way cool.

Nice! And this way you won’t have to worry about wings with string divots in ‘em or brittle ones.

Back