Sweetest Rig of all time... I dare you to do better!!!! : )

Mgamm1ll

PRS Recording Amp + Two Rock Classic Reverb in Stereo

Pedals in chain order:
Turbo Tuner
Mulder Audio X-1
Jetter GA 124
Bogner Burnly
Bogner Ecstasy Red
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro Harmonix B9 Organ
Earthquaker Dispatch Master Delay/Reverb
TC Electronic Stereo Chorus going into each amp

Eventide TimeFactor running into each FX loop

IMG_0146_zps7753c852.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[h=2]"Sweetest Rig of all time... I dare you to do better!!!!"[/h]

Dumble overdrive special. Any good electric guitar straight in. No pedals needed. The TwoRock underneath did not get played very much. :tongue:

373211838.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier iteration of my "sweetest" rig, cab is isolated for recording.

I played TRs for a long time, by the way, and think they're great amps, too!

I had a TR Reverb sig, and a Studio Pro... don't anymore.
I found "my tone" and pedal platform in a 1966 Fender Showman Blackface head
through a PRS 2x12 cab with Creamback 75's.

I'm with you on some of the pedals though, I especially dig the Bogner Red which I use a lot
for more "amp-like" modern rock tones. Then I have tons and tons of other OD's for
more vintage-voiced stuff.

Nice! I've toyed with the idea of running stereo, but it seems like overkill for the "home studio" garage sound I have.

So how do you like the EHX B9?

[h=2]"Sweetest Rig of all time... I dare you to do better!!!!"[/h]

Dumble overdrive special. Any good electric guitar straight in. No pedals needed. The TwoRock underneath did not get played very much. :tongue:

373211838.jpg

Awesome stuff Tag. I love it.

Earlier iteration of my "sweetest" rig, cab is isolated for recording.

Another excellent rig. Always love seeing your gear cause I know it's going to be uniquely your own.

10678701_10152675680237412_207261180931162261_n.jpg

I'm digging' the Burnley!

I like it simple with a DGT. And a Coke. BOOM!

Glad you dig the Burnley. The new Bogner stuff looks interesting.

Totally agree. I was joking in my post. I still have an Emerald Pro that I love, and many of their earlier models remain some of my favorite amps ever. Here are three killers I had at one point. One of the first Custom reverb sigs, a K&M custom, and my favorite TwoRock, a Custom reverb "Artist", which I thought sounded much better than the higher priced Custom reverb sig V1. I still have the cream TwoRock 2/12 cab on the bottom.

378190178.jpg

Last edited:
Those rigs look fabulous....and way too complicated. Sometimes all you need is a few tubes and 6 strings. Remember, the tone is in your fingers...
P1010002.jpg

Those rigs look fabulous....and way too complicated. Sometimes all you need is a few tubes and 6 strings. Remember, the tone is in your fingers...
P1010002.jpg
Are those corner protectors on the Mesa leather? I'm getting sweaty just admiring it.

True enough, but sometimes you need pedals to achieve certain sounds no matter what you're playing. So there's that, too.

Are those corner protectors on the Mesa leather? I'm getting sweaty just admiring it.

Yes...well, the leather that the rest of the amp is covered in. Some kind of lizard hide special order thing called Conac Lizard (I guess they got it drunk before they killed it). Looks great, but scuffs easy - look at the bottom edge.

Yes...well, the leather that the rest of the amp is covered in. Some kind of lizard hide special order thing called Conac Lizard

Those Mesa embossed "skin" custom leather coverings look killer. Your cognac lizard is Sofa King cool!!! I have the same amp (mesa lonestar 1x12) in wine lizard leather (not sure if all the colors were named after alcoholic beverages). I tried to order a matching cab...but they don't do these anymore...so hang onto it.

Back