Strange email

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Just got this, anyone else get this?
Not sure if it is legit, or maybe leads to a scammer or malware.

Sent By:
[email protected]
On:Mar 03/14/16 1:02 PM
To: corey
Reply to: [email protected]

Please do not reply to this email. For customer service inquiries, please email [email protected]

Dear COREY,

You have entered c&^#%$&*@comcast.net as the contact email address for your PRS registration. To complete the process, we just need you verify that this is correct by clicking the link below. Once your email address is verified, your registration will be completed within 2 business days. If your email is not verified, your registration information will not be saved.

If you did not submit a registration request to PRS, don’t worry. Your email address will not be used without this verification.

Confirm my account (strange URL in the link)

Thank you,

PRS Guitars
I have been regged on the PRS site for years since I have bought from their store many times.
Why would I be getting this now?

I haven't registered a new PRS in a while (haven't done it yet for the baritone), but it is easy enough to check. Forward the email to customer service and ask if it's legit.

Hey, just remembered something.
Last week I sent in the reg cards for my new S2 and my son's SE.
That could be it Bill.
I get a little paranoid about stuff like this as I get tons of email per week trying to get me to reveal banking info and other stuff.

I haven't received that e-mail. I've also never received an e-mail like that after sending in a registration card. In fact, I've never heard ANYTHING after sending in a registration card!!

Kevin

I haven't received that e-mail. I've also never received an e-mail like that after sending in a registration card. In fact, I've never heard ANYTHING after sending in a registration card!!

Kevin

Did you follow up? Contact customer service?

It is legit, it was for sending in my reg cards, but I have done that most of my PRS guitars before, but only getting this email this time.
Your email address has been verified.
Thank you!
Your email address has been verified.

Congrats on your new PRS! Come check out the PRS Accessory Store to stock up on new strings, guitar care products, or represent your new guitar with some PRS apparel!

Never thought to. I've sent in at least 3 registration cards, and never received any response. I didn't think it was necessary?!?!?!?

Kevin

I was thinking the same. I've sent I the cards for all my PRS purchases and never received an email for them. Possibly something new?!

When I registered mine through the prs website I received a similar email almost instantly after I clicked submit. It was just a confirmation that my reg info was received.

Back