Steel tremolo block?

Torstein

I've been wondering what kind of tremolo block my 2006 Custom 24 has. So far I've been reading that PRS uses brass trem blocks.

Is the trem block replaceable? Anyone tried a steel one? Too bright maybe?

My current PRS has a brass block. But one of the best things I did to my strat was replacing the stock block with a Callaham steel block. So I'm thinking "what if".

If you're curious, go for it. I like the steel block on the CE and S2 guitars. But, there is something magical about the brass on the Core guitars. You can always change it back....

My current PRS has a brass block. But one of the best things I did to my strat was replacing the stock block with a Callaham steel block. So I'm thinking "what if".
Callaham bridge upgrade is a must in a strat! My favorite tremolo blocks. Such smooth arms, great resonance. The vintage/narrow models are superb on vintage spec models to stop the E strings getting to close too the edge of the fret boards.

Funny, I like the PRS bridge so much I'm building a HSH partscaster with one. The core bridges are one of my many favorite things about PRS. I personally dig the way brass sounds.

Should also mention more than the block is brass.

Screenshot_20211231-103615_Chromebba9fc98bbfc9961.jpg

PRS bridges are good. Even the cheap SE bridge blows away a cheap fender bridge. I like that PRS are designed to float and maintain resonance. While I feel for strats most either deck them or block them to increase resonance

The PRS bridge is indeed a very good bridge unit! Does anyone know if there's a steel block that can be retrofitted to the stock bridge on a Custom 24?

The PRS bridge is indeed a very good bridge unit! Does anyone know if there's a steel block that can be retrofitted to the stock bridge on a Custom 24?

Get a se/s2/ce and leave your poor core Cu24 alone.. lol!

Joking aside, reach out to John Mann. He has a steel block to ugrade the asian trem. He'll be able to steer you right for your year if anyone can.

Last edited:
Back