Stanley Cup Playoffs Start Tonight

Black Dog

The Blue
temp-Imager3-Rn-DK.avif

Of course, I've gotta root for Van...
Don't blame you a bit. Just understand that I'm hoping for retribution for the season opener, and the other 3 subsequent losses of the season the 'nucks put on my Oil. Of course, that will have to wait until next round...I'll be pulling for you guys tonight against the Preds, after that all bets are off haha. I hope Dallas totally destroys Vegas, although it doesn't really have anything to do with last year's loss in the playoffs. I just don't like the Knights at all. Don't care much for Boston either, but that's largely due to Marchand being a total wiener most times. Great talent, just don't like him. When I was little I was a die hard Leafs fan, and stuck with them until the WHA and NHL merged, and the Oilers being so close I couldn't help myself but cheer for them. I finally completely gave up on the Buds a few years ago, but I still have a soft spot for the uniform, if not the team and their front office. I won't lose any sleep if the Bruins kick their butts. Plus, Johnny Boychuck (still with the Isles organization these days) is my neighbor and I've held his ring in my hand from the 2011 Cup. Speaking of Johnny, he's a helluva guitarist! Strictly acoustic, but he can really play.
I have a long time grudge against Calgary from my Junior days and a big argument I had with the Centennials organization after I got scouted back in '73. Trust me, money and political influence existed in the WCHL back then too, not just in the NHL. Especially if your last name is Hunter and your Daddy just happens to control a local franchise or two.;)

Back