Going to a metal show tonight

Ear plugs might be a wise thing (sound like my dad :().

I've been wearing ear plugs for years. It's been a journey trying to find something that doesn't screw w/the sound too much w/o going custom. The ones I'm using now have been good once I realized that you have to push them in all the way - I didn't at first because it felt like it was cutting the high end too much. What I eventually realized it is was cutting everything pretty much evenly, and to my surprise, live mixes started sounding better. The bass frequencies and some of the highs were no longer overbearing. I'll still take them out occasionally for a song or two, but there have been shows I've taken them out and put them right back in because the sound was a little too muddy without them.

https://www.flareaudio.com/collections/high-definition/products/earhd-90 I have been using this since forever. I never had an issue after. And it's not like I have been only to unplugged gigs :p

Thanks - will keep these in mind!

Strangely enough, the worst experience I had at a show wasn't even a music show - it was standup comedy. Instead of flying the speakers, they had them sitting on the stage, and one was about 10 feet from where I was sitting. I didn't have my plugs that night, so I ended up with my finger in my ear most of the night, for as much as it helped.

This seems like an appropriate place to post the new shirt I ordered this week.

ImNotDeafIJustLikeItLoud_Next_Level_3600_Royal_Blue_Front_High_03b2785f-d64f-43a6-a663-c2dd3c97b2c8_1512x.png

Back