Standard wiring for PRS Se Tremonti Push Pull upgrade issues

Adash123

Hello
I am re-wiring my SE Tremonti with CTS or Bourns and would like to add independant coil splits.
I have a suitable (standard wiring) schematic from the SD website (I'm not allowed to post links yet) but it has the push/pull on the Volume pots (as do all of the schematics I've seen so far). I'm OK with that but I can only find audio taper push/pulls from CTS or Bourns here in the UK and would rather not get Alphas.
Could anyone advise how I would change the standard wiring to have push/pull on the tone pots, or where I could find linear push/pulls from CTS or Bourns here in the uk?
I'm using the 2 H, 2 vol (push/pull), 2 tone, 3 way toggle diagram from SD.

Lots of wiring diagrams on the PRS website in the support section that are helpful.

Here’s a couple that do what you want:

McCarty 594: https://d159anurvk4929.cloudfront.net/documents/594_2017.pdf
S2 Singlecut: https://d159anurvk4929.cloudfront.net/documents/prs_s2_singlecuts_wiring_schematics.pdf

Note that these diagrams include wiring in resistors to let a little bit of the second coil in on the split to minimize volume drop. If you don’t want that, just use a wire instead of the resistors to fully ground the second coil out.

Last edited:
Are linear pots a personal preference for you? Most players would prefer audio taper for guitar pots.

I've used several different push/pull pot brands and I find all the mini pots pretty much the same, so I wouldn't rule out Alpha for push/pull tone pots. Definitely stick with the Bourns or good CTS for the volumes.

I'm on the other side of the pond, but I'd say check the usual suspects like WD, Thomann, Andertons for the pots. Maybe our UK or Europe folks know some better sources.

Updating the wiring for moving the push/pulls from volume to tone is no issue. It's just changing the physical location of the switches, so there's nothing at all different electrically.

2H_3G_2V_2TppSPL.jpg

Back