Bless the Blues
Anyone here play Texas Hold'em......
Regularly?
online?
"just for fun"?
"For the money"?
Only in Vegas?

What's your Story.....

I love to play home games among friends and coworkers etc... Also loved playing online for a long time until all my favorite sites were shut down. Played online almost every single day from 2005-2006, made a good bit of money and learned a lot! The online game is so different than sitting at a table with someone. You have to play the actions of the player more so than his or her physical and vocal tells.

Jon & JD,

How we can play Texas Hold Em with threads now that there will be playing cards in them?

Of course, it won't matter until we get the last 10 cards adopted.

~Hans

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32275 said:
Jon & JD,
How we can play Texas Hold Em with threads now that there will be playing cards in them?

Well we could play with missing cards in the deck. It just messes up the odds.
I've wondered a bit about games and my first thought was to count the thread with the best hand, which could be taken as an indication of how interesting the topic was. Then it struck me that the point of the cards was to get people involved, so perhaps you should only be able to count a card for every non-card response to the thread. Then I decided to wrap some silly Christmas presents and take a nap.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32275 said:
Jon & JD,

~Hans

Once a new "card" member thread starts, it could represent a hand of cards being dealt. Once seven "card" members post in that thread the hand is over, just like Hold Em 5 community cards plus 2 in the hole, and whoever can make the best 5 card hand out of the seven available wins the hand.

Thoughts?

So this thread is a pair of 7's (so far) because we don't count the same "Card-member" twice?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32389 said:
So this thread is a pair of 7's (so far) because we don't count the same "Card-member" twice?

Yes and ties would go to the OP or the first reply, in that order??

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32412 said:
OP is the "dealer". Dealer wins all ties.

Found a flaw.. Technically, the dealer will always win based on everyone having the same hand.

But, I think I have a solution. The thread or "hand" should only belong to the OP. Once the thread has seven dealt cards, or replies, the OP achieves the best possible five card hand and should post a reply stating what they have. Like this: Jc-7d-10s-8h-9c, a Jack high straight...

Best hand of any given day or week is the winner. Multiple threads or hands can be played daily but will require being interesting enough to get replies and therefore winning cards.

This way you can't win by just a simple reply to an NGD or anything like that. You must create threads and interest to play and win...

Jon, old boy, I hereby crown you Minister of Games.

Should you accept this position, you'll need a deputies - your choice. One for each type of game (Texas Holed Em, Blackjack, etc)?

The OP of this thread (JD) should get 1st right of refusal.

Lemme know.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;32436 said:
Jon, old boy, I hereby crown you Minister of Games.

Should you accept this position, you'll need a deputies - your choice. One for each type of game (Texas Holed Em, Blackjack, etc)?

The OP of this thread (JD) should get 1st right of refusal.

Lemme know.

If JD should concede, I will graciously accept the position...

It's all yours bro....
But I like where this could go !!!

Back