SPAM

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
...a daily occurrence.

The filters get most of it.
I catch a lot the morning they sign up.
Some get through.

If you see a spam thread, please hit the report button. All the mods see the reports and one will kill it, with prejudice.

But they have found a new avenue the mods cannot see unless you report. They have begun sending private messages (conversations) which don't normally show for mods.

Admins like James may be able to see them, but he'd probably have to actively search them and he's just not going to do that. It would be a lot of extra work for him and he's not going to invade everyone's privacy just to find the few spammers who have discovered this route.

So, if you get a spam private message (conversation), hit the report button. The mods will see it and one will kill it.

Thanks for helping us to keep the site spam-free.

Bill

Can you set the forum to disallow PMs from new users until they hit a threshold of quality interactions?

Insidious bastards!

I haven't received any PMs. I feel privileged for that.

Sigh....I thought this might be a thread with some good recipes.....:confused:

Spam omelette

upload_2016-11-6_20-10-3.jpeg

To make filling, in medium skillet, sauté bell pepper in oil until slightly softened. Add mushrooms and onions; cook until lightly browned. Stir in SPAM® With Cheese; keep warm. For each omelet, in small bowl, beat together 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon milk or water; season with salt and black pepper.

1 preheat pan
2 fry spam
3 serve

One may want to add a little maple syrup for extra deliciousness

One problem I've experienced is that when I get up at OhDarkEarly and take a peek at this forum and discover 5 spam entries, I can only report one and then I see a message on the second one that tells me I can't send in another report so soon. So, I just leave it up to 4 others to report the remainder of the smappage incidents.

You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can report another...this happened to me this morning. It's less than a minute.

Still kind of annoying. I can come in here and knock out the spam threads really quickly, but instead, I have to wait in between them

Back