so my wife just said this...

First, vacuum exactly where your investment needs to go... don't skip any steps, like using the word guitar or PRS too soon, you risk throwing the method off kilter..

"Foresighted Man"

when your sweetheart is near you, stop the vacuum cleaner, look up to the sky looking like you've been struck by a genius idea!

You know honey, we should be looking for a good investment!

my love, we are not
safe, there is more and more fraud with the theft of bank data.... it's scary huh.. bha.. it happened to the friend of one of his friend, a real horror story... ouffff well yes.. I think that taking out this money and putting it in a safe place... with us seems wise to me..., you know,.. the... the guitar .. yes yes .. I know your point of view, yes ... but ..

"Let your wife speak.....

a little more....

very gently ... it would be a good investment, it's like putting money in the bank..

Moments of silence....

sweet eyes ..... VERY IMPORTANT !!

did you change your haircut?? keep your eyes soft....

Finally let's think about it, let's not rush anything. ... what would you like to eat good tonight!?

First, vacuum exactly where your investment needs to go... don't skip any steps, like using the word guitar or PRS too soon, you risk throwing the method off kilter..

"Foresighted Man"

when your sweetheart is near you, stop the vacuum cleaner, look up to the sky looking like you've been struck by a genius idea!

You know honey, we should be looking for a good investment!

my love, we are not
safe, there is more and more fraud with the theft of bank data.... it's scary huh.. bha.. it happened to the friend of one of his friend, a real horror story... ouffff well yes.. I think that taking out this money and putting it in a safe place... with us seems wise to me..., you know,.. the... the guitar .. yes yes .. I know your point of view, yes ... but ..

"Let your wife speak.....

a little more....

very gently ... it would be a good investment, it's like putting money in the bank..

Moments of silence....

sweet eyes ..... VERY IMPORTANT !!

did you change your haircut?? keep your eyes soft....

Finally let's think about it, let's not rush anything. ... what would you like to eat good tonight!?

I'll add...never be the first to speak after your closing statement. Whomever speaks first has lost the upper hand.

How long have you been here? There are two time tested, forum approved methods for getting gear into the house without getting in trouble.

1) "The Les." In this method, you tell your wife that this pedal is required for a paying commercial (gig, etc., the key is "paying") that you're doing soon and you "have to have it" for that paying gig.

2) "The DTR." In this method, you ship it to your office, and leave it in the car until after your wife goes to bed, then sneak it in. OR, if it's small enough, you bring it in the house in your brief case and don't get it out til she's in bed.

Other options that are potentially less effective due to circumstances.

3) "The Bodia." "Yeah, I bought some more stuff, but I probably won't keep it long anyway. If I do love it, I'll sell something else."

4) "The Sergio." (for professionals only. Amateurs don't try this at home). "Hey sugar mamma, look what you just bought me! Oh, and thanks!"
I have used "The DTR" on several occasions, but not for a guitar, only for pedals. Sadly, however, I no longer have this option available since I'm a government employee.

I have used "The DTR" on several occasions, but not for a guitar, only for pedals. Sadly, however, I no longer have this option available since I'm a government employee.
I have effectively used "The DTR" for pedals, (many, many pedals), speakers, amps, speaker cabs, recording interfaces, modelers, amps and yes, even guitars.

Sorry to hear that your current circumstances do not allow for use of this proven method. After careful review of your circumstances, I'm going to recommend you use "The ScottR" method, or if you are in some branch of govt. job where it wouldn't look good on your resume' to be caught picking up your guitar in a crack house, and, if you're fortunate enough to live somewhere in central Indiana, you could try "The 11top" method.

Last resort, "The Alnus/Sergio II" method... "I swear, these PRS guys are rich, and they love me so much they just bought it and sent it to me!" If you need like a personal email congratulating you on your new guitar from "a guy who contributed" just send me the info on the guitar you got, your real name and email address. :cool:

Don't forget the protection method as well! I forget who posted this, but I have always been of the idea that if you are able to get a new piece of gear into the house, try and ensure that it looks as much as possible like gear you already have. With guitars, that would be buying them in the same color! Generally speaking, the wife/lady friend will never realize it is another guitar! I told my lady friend about this method and she laughed heartily and agreed it would work, but I don't have to ask or get approval for my purchases (then again, she ain't buyin' me sh!t either and our monies are completely segregated)!! Best of luck and thanks to all for the methods that have been provided over the years (in case I ever need the sneak one in)!!!

Don't forget the protection method as well! I forget who posted this, but I have always been of the idea that if you are able to get a new piece of gear into the house, try and ensure that it looks as much as possible like gear you already have. With guitars, that would be buying them in the same color! Generally speaking, the wife/lady friend will never realize it is another guitar! I told my lady friend about this method and she laughed heartily and agreed it would work, but I don't have to ask or get approval for my purchases (then again, she ain't buyin' me sh!t either and our monies are completely segregated)!! Best of luck and thanks to all for the methods that have been provided over the years (in case I ever need the sneak one in)!!!
This used to be a proven method of filling out empty space in my gun space...this method has now dried up for that purpose. This method would also be problematic for guitars in my present circumstances. To further complicate matters, I can't have anything shipped to the house this week (spring break) or over the summer (summer break) since my financee is a teacher.

All of that said, I'll simply take my licks and get prior color approval prior to purchasing guitars in the future. I mean, hey, it could be way worse. The only caveats to my future guitar purchases are 1), it HAS to be a PRS (I've been told this many times because she likes the "pretty front and birds") and 2) the top figuring and color must meet with approval.

try and ensure that it looks as much as possible like gear you already have. With guitars, that would be buying them in the same color! Generally speaking, the wife/lady friend will never realize it is another guitar!

Oh, I have a funny one for this. Now first of all, I fully intended to tell my wife about the Silver Sky because I traded lots of gear (a guitar, a speaker and cab, and two pedals) and very little money for it. But I thought I'd see if this worked. My NF3 is white with maple fingerboard. My Silver Sky is white with maple...

So I played at church one Sunday night a few weeks ago, and the following week I played twice on Sunday night. I took the SIlver Sky to all of these. Not only did my wife not recognize it as a new guitar, but she even commented afterwards that she "thought my white PRS was pretty, even though she preferred the pretty wood on the others more, she still liked the white one." Apparently, she didn't recognize that this white one has white pick guitar and pickups, while the NF3 has black pick guard and pickups.

I'm not stupid though. I've played the NF3 MANY times at church, and I KNOW that the next time I get up there with it, she'll realize it's different from the all white SS. But for now, I'm still in the clear. :D

Back